Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost my Chocolate Lab Saturday had to euthanize him. I have his and my other labs beds by my reloadr. They lay on my right and left keeping me company. Since Saturday when I put him down I filled 4 5 gallon buckets with rounds. I took my time as I was having trouble sleeping. I realized Sunday that this was one of his favorite places to be. Reloading is enjoyable. My old Carl enjoyed the time with me. This reloader is kicking out great rounds.
Lube it check all the nuts and bolts and your loader will do the same. I am so thankful for this machine.

Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to hear abut your lab, alot of us know what it's like to lose an old friend or as I feel A FAMILY MEMBER. I too get lost in the serenity of my reloading, it's like kick starting your brain.
Jim

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Staying focus is the difference in reloading. That why I manually load. I like my rounds. My dogs love to see me pick up the shotgun. They know we're either going to the range or hunting.

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
Bury your dog in your heart. Every time you pull the handle on the PW you'll always remember the good things about the time shared with Carl.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Steve, so sad to hear about Carl, If there is anything you need from me let me know. I try to stay away from this site as much as possible. They don't like me posting on here. I mentioned our Christmas special on here this morning and within 15 min they deleted my post. Anyway my friend you have my phone number if you ever want to talk, about anything. Oh Jax is pushing 95 lbs.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I am about to loose my dog too, have done got zanex ready, can't hardly write this for the tears in my eyes. Last time I lost one was 12 years ago and a couple had Sitka for us at the airport when we came in to Billings MT. They are sure
hard to let go for me especially. I do feel your pain, Steve.

Mac

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve, so sad to hear about Carl, If there is anything you need from me let me know. I try to stay away from this site as much as possible. They don't like me posting on here. I mentioned our Christmas special on here this morning and within 15 min they deleted my post. Anyway my friend you have my phone number if you ever want to talk, about anything. Oh Jax is pushing 95 lbs.
Wow he has grown.
Both my labs had beds by the loading table. I loved taking my time loading talking to them to relax. I think the sound of them snoring was relaxing. At age 17 he lived a great life. That smile that all older chocolate labs have is heart warming. Thanks for the kind words.

Your help during my frustrations in life raised my spirits so much. My focus has returned and my out look at friends is the brightest in my life.
Thanks for being there for me
Steve

I am looking for a chocolate lab to be company for my black lab. He is very lost without his friend. I am not really ready yet but am looking.

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
QUOTE="mac1, post: 3600457, member: 29808"]I am about to loose my dog too, have done got zanex ready, can't hardly write this for the tears in my eyes. Last time I lost one was 12 years ago and a couple had Sitka for us at the airport when we came in to Billings MT. They are sure
hard to let go for me especially. I do feel your pain, Steve.

Mac[/QUOTE]
With PTSD I had Xanax and needed it over Thanksgiving. . My other lab didn't eat for 5 days. My heart goes out to you.

135754983237121.jpg
He spends most of his day laying on his life long friends bed. He is doing a little better.
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
IMG_20161203_083137.jpg
Been divorced for 20+ years. My dogs are my kids that meet me at the door. If I am down they want me to play to cheer me up. You can never replace any of them. They are always in your heart. I am feeling I need to find a friend for my black lab Moose. Carl raised him from a pup. My x room mate rescued dogs. Carl loved all the puppies that came through my house. Moose did the same. Maybe it is his time to raise a pup while I am at work.

Trying to type with my loving baby sticking his toy in my face is fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts