Trapshooters Forum banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
25,663 Posts
We’ll see. When you have problems with your MEC maybe you’ll think REAL hard if it is the machine or the operator. It gets very tedious reading your trashing a company just because you aren’t smart enough to figure out the product.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
We’ll see. When you have problems with your MEC maybe you’ll think REAL hard if it is the machine or the operator. It gets very tedious reading your trashing a company just because you aren’t smart enough to figure out the product.
Why don't you come show me how to use it? Then you can insult me in person. You have a lot of post. Do you do anything other than type?

I have been loading on MEC's, Dillons, Forsters, RCBS, Lee, and Redding for decades. Since 1987, I have been loading for hunting, self defense, Bench Rest, IDPA, and PRS competition.

I am smart enough to know crap when a see it. Apparently you are not.

·
Registered
25,663 Posts
Why don't you come show me how to use it? Then you can insult me in person.

I have been loading on MEC's, Dillons, Forsters, RCBS, and Redding for decades. Since 1987, I have been loading for hunting, Bench Rest, IDPA, and PRS competition.

I am smart enough to know crap when a see it. Apparently you are not.
Sensitive I see. Also very defensive. Just like the common democrat. Nothing is ever their ( your ) fault. Must be the crap machine .....

Reactions: sdive2

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Sensitive I see. Also very defensive. Just like the common democrat. Nothing is ever their ( your ) fault. Must be the crap machine .....
I am not sensitive. Not a Democrat. I am a Patriot with 20 honorable years of military service. Try not to make it personal and feel free not to read my post.

This is not my fault. The thing was garbage. If it were my fault, I could have fixed it. I put the time in and had plenty of help. Move along.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I went to Midway's site a couple of weeks ago and saw their "in stock" sign and also the note that it ships from the maker. Everyone else says they are currently unavailable. Let us know if you get it. I have been thinking about getting one. Thanks.
Latest from Midway on shipment of my 9000E:

Thank you for your email. I apologize for the invocience.
It looks as though you received incorrect information. Your press us currently on its way to us. We have not received it to ship to you yet. It will be shipped an updated as soon as we are able to ship it.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM CST.

Thanks for Your Business!

Brittany

MidwayUSA Customer Support

The date of shipment listed on Midways website when I ordered it was 11/112020 and said ships from supplier. Obviously, those dates are not very accurate or it would be here by now. You might call MEC directly. Prices at their site are a little higher but you might get the machine quicker or, at least know when you will get it.

Woolly

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree with Grizquad,the 800+ does not like steel based hulls.I also had to resize them with Mec resizer.Decided extra step was not woth it,went back to AA's The 800+ will take some time to get all the quirks out but once you have it where you want it,it will load like crazy.I had trouble with the primer feed,called PW and they replaced it for me.Once you get it where you want it,it will do excellent job.I have about 60000 to 70000 through mine .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I agree with Grizquad,the 800+ does not like steel based hulls.I also had to resize them with Mec resizer.Decided extra step was not woth it,went back to AA's The 800+ will take some time to get all the quirks out but once you have it where you want it,it will load like crazy.I had trouble with the primer feed,called PW and they replaced it for me.Once you get it where you want it,it will do excellent job.I have about 60000 to 70000 through mine .
So far I have been able to keep a good stash of Rem STS, Nitros, and Win AA hulls around. That may not be the case for long. I kept my MEC Super Sizer just in case. Always a handy tool to keep on the bench.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Late to the party but I can understand the OPs frustration. I have had issues with my 800+ but not nearly as bad and when I downsized I kept the 800+ and sold the Spolar to a fellow on this site. But IIRC my problems were caused by me. The machine is not idiot proof,

I have used it to load Top Gun hulls and Gun Clubs with steel bases without issues.

One thing I strongly agree with is a progressive should be able to handle every factory hull from a manufacturer without adjustment. I find I have to tweak crimp setting when changing from AA to STS to Federal TG's but a bit different hull length on AA's should not crash the machine. Mine has the AutoDrive so clearing a mess is a bit more of a a PITA. I rarely get a crash but sometimes the crimp sucks and I just box them up as shells I pitch after firing. That in effect cleanses out the hull length issue on future reloads. I can live with one or two out of 100 not being perfect.

·
Supporting Vendor
6,164 Posts
You cannot adjust a loader to make good shells with improper components. Mushrooming over the top of the shell holder is usually caused by trying to stuff too much into the shell. You can get away with overstuffing on a MEC because it does not have shell holders.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
You cannot adjust a loader to make good shells with improper components. Mushrooming over the top of the shell holder is usually caused by trying to stuff too much into the shell. You can get away with overstuffing on a MEC because it does not have shell holders.
When one uses existing recipes from multiple sources, i.e. powder manufacturers and established loading manuals, and one does not use the max powder load, how would that be "overstuffing"?

But yes, the MEC handles the same load like a champ.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts