Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just curious how many of you keep your card up to date? How often is it used in classifying you at bigger shoots? How often have you failed to declare your correct yardage.? Thanks to all participants! Leo

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
I just download the form off the ATA just before going to a shoot. Only add the last shoot to my downloaded copy if not updated by the ATA. As for classifying, can't remember when the card wasn't looked at.
This is how I keep my card current!

Reactions: BigM-Perazzi

·
Administrator
8,649 Posts
I up-date mine after every reg. shoot. It is nice these days to be able to look a shooters ave. up online when you are handicapping but it sure slows things down if their card is not up to date and sometimes the data online is just a bit behind as info gets inputted into the system.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Being a stickler for details I update my average card after every day`s shooting .

·
Registered
970 Posts
Being one who classifies at my club, it sure would be nice if even half the shooters kept their cards up to date. Putting in your scores isn't enough. I need to see a running average. What's so hard about that?

I have handed people a calculator to fix the issue at times. I always confirm yardage and category with the shooter.

Tim

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
Actually you are required to but, a lot of people just don't bother. If you don't, then don't be surprised if you are penalized at a shoot. I have seen people get upset because a classifier didn't JUST TAKE THEIR WORD for their record and average with nothing written down and no way to figure a running average! With the age of computers the idea of down loading the current history might be a good idea. I have always kept mine up to date.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Ditto on what Hap said. Heck, my shooting buddy won't leave the Club until he updates his. I'm very anal about keeping records straight but my buddy makes me look normal. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Always update the same day of the shoot. I sort of thought everybody did that.... guess not. The ATA site seems to usually run about 2-3 weeks behind.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Being a new registered shooter, I keep mine up to date but I always print a new one before I go to shoots. I've started helping the guy who runs the big 50's at my club this summer. I can't believe how archaic the whole process is of sending scores into ATA and how long it takes for your ATA average card to be updated online. He has to send in paper reports and a check every week since we do them every week. There seems to be a 2 week backlog.

Not to hijack this thread, but why in this day and age can't this be done online instantly?

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Sorry but I haven't updated my card in a very long time. I just print one before going to a large shoot. I never have people ask for it. Just give them the plastic and they are happy. How do you classify shooters when a friend hands them a handful of plastic cards to be classified.

Don

·
Administrator
8,649 Posts
I can relate for the handicapping end as it makes the line in the morning go so much quicker if it is up-dated.I feel it is a benefit to the shooter also so that at least upon reading the shoot program befor the tournament they will have and idea of where they will be class wise. I once heard a shooter at a handicapping table tell the person working it "If it is so important to you why don't you just look it up now" Hmmmmm ok so why don't we just put you in AA singles and A doubles for this weekends events and go with that???? These people have to realize that keeping your card up to date helps them and the people handicapping out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have mine filled out until I get past the minimum requirements for the Grand. I will say it is the most accurate way to make sure that you are classified correctly if your card is current. AT the Grand they have never asked me for my for my paper card, or a lot of the other large shoots, all they wanted was the plastic for on line information. Also doesn't the avg card stand for the years current avg and not the last 500 targets?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts