Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought id share this with you guys.
this idea isnt original and i want to give the branford rod and gun club of ct. the credit for the idea. they did this using a 5 stand course.
all i had was my 2 skeet fields and trap bunker, but it worked.
mo went into lock down the day after this match, so we were doing our social distancing and under 10 rule at my home when this took place.
it was perfect for duck blind training because...
1. it was freezing and windy.
2. no one in the squad ever shot sitting.
3. i made them use safeties iaw hunter safety in a boat.
4. and they couldnt move once i blew the duck call to alert them birds were coming in.

it was a hoot. get it?
i call it polish duck blind because there wasnt any water or ducks....just grass and clay. when they questioned the no water, i told them they were stuck in muck waiting for the tide to come in. lol.
i had 3 cords on my lap and gave them 10 birds. high score was 4.
try it some day!
enjoy.
1.JPG
3.jpg
4.jpg

·
Registered
971 Posts
Looks like fun!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ha - that is fantastic! Love this idea. It would be a fun competition among friends. And that Jon boat would be easy to move around. Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forget that!
22 years navy says no water motion. i moved to mo to get away from the water.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
John boat suspended on 4 corners with springs. Throw a crossing battue like a duck falling out of the sky. Shooter has to stay seated for safety. If target falls 90 degrees to side of boat it gets real interesting.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I shot at a club that had a boat in 1 of their 10 stand positions. It was mounted on 3 springs from a junk yard car._Pretty worn out. Nice and wobbly as you shifted your weight. Great station.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol....
i actually got air sick more than sea sick. those flat tops didnt move much.
what coast were you?

hey...you aint too far from s.central mo. come on by in oct!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Shotgun Hollow, now gone, in Indiana had a station on the pond. You sat in a row boat with a pointy bottom so it rocked and rolled a lot. The birds came from a tall tower on the other side of the pond and would land on you if you didnt shoot them.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Shotgun Hollow, now gone, in Indiana had a station on the pond. You sat in a row boat with a pointy bottom so it rocked and rolled a lot. The birds came from a tall tower on the other side of the pond and would land on you if you didnt shoot them.
So if you wait too long and reduce the bird to nothing but dust, was it scored loss since there would be nothing left to eat?

Jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts