Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
POI? Just make sure the gun is shooting where you're looking (adjust comb), then check the POI...i.e. how high is the gun set up for, 2,3,5 inches etc? Refrain from using the percentage convention, as the % changes with the choke constriction that you use.

WNCRob

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I prefer a fairly flat shooting gun. My 1187s with the factory field stock patterned 50/50. After installing monte carlo stocks, they pattern 60/40. I realize that it is often desirable in trap to have high POI, but I have a hard time switching from a relatively flat to high POI. So my compromise was to install a monte carlo stock on all of my 1187s, including the field guns. Same POI. Makes it a lot easier, plus I can shoot my field guns for trap and sporting clays for practice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Much like Brian, I have spent a lifetime shooting flat shooting field guns, my first "trap gun" was an 870TB which was 50/50 at best... I have slowly raised my POI on my BT with an adjustable comb to maybe 70/30... I just personally can not "float" a target (or more accurately am not willing to spend the time & targets to relearn it). I have spent a lifetime "putting the bead on the bird", admittedly they don't print my picture on the cover of Trap & Field magazine, but my misses are between my ears not an equipment issue.

Mike

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
I guess I will use the terms I am used to.

I like my Caps barrel to be ALMOST 100% high. I do want a few pellets under the front bead.

I have adjusted my sight picture for 16 yard targets without adjusting the gun.

I prefer my Dubs gun to shoot about 70/30, the same as my Skeet gun. Actually, I use the same gun setup for both, with only a choke change.

I prefer my Sporting and Bunker guns to shoot around 60/40. YMMV

·
Vendor
7,098 Posts
i havent been on the cover either BUT i have stayed ata holiday inn express!
seriosly- i think poi depends where you pickup on the target?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.