Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K-80 Trap Special 30" O/U and a K-32 MoneyMaker Trap Special 32" top single. I've been shooting the O/U bottom barrel for everything and have the POI where I get the best consistent breaks, ( 2 1/2 inches high at 13 yards). I haven't tried the top single as yet. My question is, if I set the top single to shoot 2 1/2 inches high at 13 yards, will the POI on both barrels be the same at target breaking distance?? The top single is 2" longer and sits and inch + higher than the bottom barrel. The shot from the bottom barrel will have to travel higher to get to the 2 1/2" than the top barrel.

Tomas

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
My question is, if I set the top single to shoot 2 1/2 inches high at 13 yards, will the POI on both barrels be the same at target breaking distance?? The top single is 2" longer and sits and inch + higher than the bottom barrel. The shot from the bottom barrel will have to travel higher to get to the 2 1/2" than the top barrel.
You are correct the biggest issue is the is the Top Barrel sits an inch plus higher the the o/u.

At 13 yard the under barrel should shoot about 1 inch lower then your top single.

I would set the top single up to shoot one inch higher to start.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
They should pattern the same as the end of the barrel/rib determines shot placement asumming you dial them in the same at 13 yeards.

Surfer

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
$$$shtr, the top single barrel is going to rotate upwards more than when you fire the U barrel of your O/U. That will automatically raise the POI. The amount depends on how you hold your gun and how tightly. We are splitting hairs here, but 2.5" @ 13 is too low and 3" is to high. So, set it in the middle, then see how your breaks are and readjust from there if necessary.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Just set the single barrel to shoot where your O/U shoots from a rest.

Then find out where you shoot the O/U and single barrel, free hand at 13 yards. This shows where you shoot the gun.

Then get a trap to yourself and fine tune with a full choke shooting straight aways from the 16 yard line post 3. Once zeroed in you should also do a few shots from post 1 and post 5 to see if you still smoke the soft angles.

Final step document were the gun(s) is shooting at 13 yard from a rest.

Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts