Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to set my K80 to the factory 70/30 POI position, I've searched on the web but can't find the marking it should be set on the actual rib. I have a 07 model K80 with the high adjustable rib, its not a pro-rib.. The adjustable comb is all the way down. Lets say I set the rib where the dot is in the the adjustment hole, it looks like I can either put the dot high or low in the hole its never centered.. What would that POI be if lets say the dot was in the high position of the hole? Thanks..

-Kurt Nelson

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Kurt, everyone's face and cheek-weld is different. So the only way you can determine YOUR POI is to test it.

Consider doing the following: Set your rib to the flattest shooting position (highest in front). Then draw horizontal lines on a target and shoot for POI at 15 yards (anything between 13 and 16 yards is fine). Just trace a horizontal line and shoot whenever.

If your shots are hitting more than a little below the line with the comb in the lowest position, raise it until the shots are just under or centered on the line. This will be your individual 50/50 position and you can use the marking on your rib to set your POI higher.

This will set your baseline so you can experiment with different POIs and always return to a known reference when you want to.

If, with the comb all the way down, you are hitting above the line with the rib in its flattest position, you won't be able to shoot 50/50, but that really doesn't matter. You'll still have established a baseline for the future. If you are hitting 1"-1.5" high you are at 60/40. 2"-2.5" high- 70/30.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts