Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many clubs closed, you have to appreciate the North Shore Winchester Gun Club in Franksville, Wisconsin.
Besides trap, they have bunker trap, sporting clays, five stand, and skeet. They sell guns, ammo, accessories, and serve food. Look them up on the internet. Located right off the tollway, it's no more than an hours drive from Chicago, and even closer to the Milwaukee area in Wisconsin. A place to shoot during these tough times.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ab
With so many clubs closed, you have to appreciate the North Shore Winchester Gun Club in Franksville, Wisconsin.
Besides trap, they have bunker trap, sporting clays, five stand, and skeet. They sell guns, ammo, accessories, and serve food. Look them up on the internet. Located right off the tollway, it's no more than an hours drive from Chicago, and even closer to the Milwaukee area in Wisconsin. A place to shoot during these tough times.
Absolutely the best news I’ve read in 2-3 weeks, as all of Illinois is in a lock-down. No clubs at all open in Illinois.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
This was the very first club I ever shot trap at some 40+ years ago. Warren and Tom who were brothers owned it back then.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was the very first club I ever shot trap at some 40+ years ago. Warren and Tom who were brothers owned it back then.
I shot there 50 years ago when Warren and Tom Joerndt were the owners. They have both passed away. Warren's son Victor owns it now.​

·
Registered
127 Posts
I shot there 50 years ago when Warren and Tom Joerndt were the owners. They have both passed away. Warren's son Victor owns it now.​
ok, yep. I think it was Victor that I talked with yesterday to make sure they’re open and allowing Illinois residents who come over the state line.

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
dickgtax:
The Winchester gun club is roughly 25 minutes from my home with normal traffic. I only knew Tom Joerndt and he was a good guy and excellent shooter. One year, Tom offered a winter 50 target shooting program that if anyone broke 25 targets in trap and 25 targets in 12 gauge skeet he would give them $500.00.

Shooters were coming to shoot from all over the state and Illinois and no one broke the 50 straight. A friend of mine by the name of Glen Everts was a very good all around shooter as he shot for the Army team and was a past Wisconsin state team member and is in the Wisconsin HOF.

On a cold Sunday morning, he signed up to shoot this event and he was 20 straight in trap and suddenly Tom decided to pull (manual trap) for the last 5 targets. Glen said he slowed pulled him every time but he still ran the 25.

Glen then walked over to shoot the 25 skeet target event and Tom decided to pull for him. Glen was unaware at the time but when Glen asked to see the first high house bird skeet target it could have landed in the middle of the expressway on the way to Chicago. Glen lowered his gun, and asked Tom, are you serious? Tom laughed and said for a $500.00 prize you didn't think you'd be shooting at easy targets, did you?

Glen ended up shooting a combined score of 49 out of 50. When Glen missed a target Tom's complexion went from a burgundy color back to normal. Tom ended up congratulating Glen and bought him lunch and something to drink.

Another time the Wisconsin state shoot was taking place and it was the hottest state shoot on record. I think the temperature hit something like 105 degrees. I saw two ambulances coming on the grounds as a couple older shooters were over come by the heat.

Tom Joerndt hit it right that shoot as he decided to sell Ice cream out of a cart on the club grounds. Customers were lined up like a bakery shop on a Sunday morning. Towards the end of the shoot Tom told me "who would have ever thought that I could make more money selling ice cream cones than all the years I shot trap and skeet tournaments?

Tom was a good guy and over the years he helped me out numerous times locating guns, stocks, and barrels. He is truly missed.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I read that some younger jack wad brought a snake into the clubhouse claiming it was his therapy animal. He was thrown out immediately but if I were there he would of left with a dead snake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts