Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to encourage all of our CA shooters to please sign the petitions at your local shops next time you go in. You must sign for your voting county.

This petition is to put on the ballot the restrictions the governor has already implemented. These include: background checks and waiting periods on all ammo purchased, further restrictions on the AR style sporting rifles, and restrictions of primers being sold.

The legislation was pushed through without a vote, and with the help of these petitions the measures will be placed on the Nov ballet and we will have a chance to vote on them.

Thank you fellow CA 2A supporters

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
California has estimated over 8 million gun owners with over 20 million ARs in the state (I know a few that owns 6 or more). Only if we can get every gun owners to sign, or vote.
But unfortunately I've personally know (not my friends) and heard many, especially among trapshooters, that think AR has no reason to exist in private hands. One D-head said he think owning a M1 Garand is enough.

IMO, that's worse than those fellow gun owners outside of CA think CA needs to be sinked into the Pacific.

Reactions: buck3200

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fully agree. I've read on other boards of people with this mentality, but thankfully I have not run across them; granted I'm new to the trap scene. Most of my shooting prior to just a couple months ago was either hunting, tactical sporting rifle, or handgun. Also being a LEO, most of the folks with were tactical rifle advocates, 3 gun comp shooters, or shooting for qual. All the officers I worked with pretty much had the same mentality as I, and that was the more good guys with guns the better.

I have not been around american trap shooters enough to hear such nonsense I guess.

When I was first introduced to the game in England it was a totally different story. The Brits don't see any reason to have anything other than an O/U. Of course they had strict dress codes for showing up to the club. Some people think our etiquette here ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I play a lot of golf and love the private country club atmosphere, but I don't think too many American clubs would want that persona about their club.

·
Premium Member
18,216 Posts
Good luck you guys with those petitions. I'll call my Dad and get him to sign one .

Reactions: Steve W
1 - 8 of 8 Posts