Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Perazzi TM1 (Ithaca) Fixed Full with Stock Lock and a Bowen Release.
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a SxS FS that bears the description "skeet grade trap gun". I've sent PM but no reply.
I'm interested but wondering. All help is appreciated.

Larry

·
Registered
395 Posts
Skeet grade trap gun is the same as a Muslim Christian President. A made up name or rebranding of something that's being misrepresented. It's either a trap or a skeet grade. Probably being sold by a guy that knows little about shotguns. I've seen the same thing on GunBroker.com before.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just be careful that this isn't an ad from Willie Johnson. Someone has been using that name to try to scam people on all kinds of gun related stuff. Sounds like something he would say..."skeet grade trap gun".
Be Careful!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

I am not an expert by any means...

But it is my understanding that Winchester used the terms "Trap" and "Skeet" with regards to its side-by-side Model 21 as indicators of gun grade -- similar to Browning using the term Pigeon or Midas or Lightning.

I have been told by serious Model 21 collectors that you can have a Model 21 marked "Trap" which configuration is not suitable for the game of trap at all.

Likewise for "Skeet".

Rumor has it that there are Model 21s marked both "Skeet" and "Trap". The Rock Island Firearms Auction Company sold one so marked at auction this past weekend.

I have Model 21's marked "Trap" that are strictly field hunting guns.

Making statements about what has been made or not made in the past is always a tricky thing.

It's like folks who say there has never been a 3-inch 16 gauge, but look in your Winchester Model 21 collectors book and there is a clear picture of one with factory engraving/rollmark.

Every time I think I am beginning to understand Winchester Model 21s or gun collecting in general I get corrected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.