Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my gun explode or have witnessed one near me.

No barrel bulges and such.... BLOWUPS any model

Krieghoff __

Beretta __

Perazzi ___

Browning ___

SKB___

Zoli ___

Remington___

Blaser __

Winchester ___

Fill in _____K-80______________________ ___

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I must have missed it, what's so funny about a 3200 blowing up?

·
Registered
333 Posts
A TM1 about 1971, barrel moved forward from mono block joint about 1/8 inch.
No one hurt, shooter blamed shell manufacturer, but I felt it was a reload
(cannot remember why I did not believe shooter).
Gary

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Krieghoff - K-80, 2012, receiver, barrel and forearm destroyed. no one hurt.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
RWT,

I think I would re-evaluate who I choose to shoot with had I witnessed that many trap guns let go. That is far from normal. I think the vast majority of shooters have never seen one and will never see one in person. You have witnessed 4?

·
Administrator
8,525 Posts
I seen a Beretta 391 Blow.THe rib was forced up in 2 places and the BL. split a bit.Felt shock wave a post down it was kinda weird.The shooter was not hurt,he later purchased a new BL. and is still using the gun.Seen a Huglu let go,the forend iron ended up by the trap house from the 16 yrd line.That was a crazy one.Seen the porting on a Perazzi BL. bulge and split open. George

·
Supporting Vendor
9,979 Posts
Perazzi back in 1980. We found pieces of the forearm almost 100 feet away. The guy had one sliver of metal between the eyes, but otherwise just rattled. Everyone assumed that it was an obstruction.

·
Administrator
8,525 Posts
OK one more but not a shotgun.Had a case split open on a 10mm 1911 I was shooting.Pistol held together but the overpressure knocked the gun right out of my hands. George

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My 682 Beretta....kapow top barrel...I wasn't hurt. (thankew Lord)
Still have it if someone wants to build an unsingle!! :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
GRNTITAN

For your info RWT has run the shoots at the Kingsburg Gun Club for many years. It is safe tp say he has seen many things such as this.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
That would certainly explain how he has witnessed so many. I thought he was stating he was squadded with the folks who had guns let go. Had that been the case, I would think someone was out to get me. I hope I never see it happen. Scary thought and I'm amazed anytime it happens and the shooter is not injured.

·
Registered
300 Posts
1100 Skeet B in about 1975. Happened on station 8 2nd target, broke the 1st one. Bbl burst just foward of the chamber. It was neg temps and I luckily had on coveralls and a heavy left hand glove. It hurt like hell for a couple of days. Sent gun back to Remington and they replaced it for $38.00 shipping. I shoot that gun to this day. I was shooting with a full squad that was thankfully standing in back of me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
About 2004 in a rack in a gunshop, Not a shotgun but a Ruger M77 which is a helluva tough piece of metal. Side of receiver blown off, bolt still in place, floorplate/trigger guard destroyed, stock shattered at wrist. Gun owner claimed the gun was faulty. Shop owner paid him off, told him to get the hell out of his shop and never come back as he would not deal with a lying ********.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Seen 3 in 21 years-no games involved

390 split barrel open 4" at forcing cones and broke target

K80 bottom barrel kaboom

Rem 1100 blew the trigger group out of the gun and spread the receiver open

All 3 sounded like a M80 went off

1 - 20 of 22 Posts