Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up. There are a couple monoguns listed for sale on Gunbroker that are not as described
Listed as “ Stainless “ when in fact are plated. Looks like the “ meta life “ plating which is actually quite nice. I sent the seller a message explaining that they are not stainless but they never responded or changed the listing.
I just don’t someone getting duped

Terry Jones

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a guy show me his “ stainless mono “ at the grand a few years back. Hated to tell him it was an old model plated to look like a SS one . looked real nice and a person can be easily fooled at first glance.

Terry

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Good catch Terry. Thanks for pointing this out to perspective buyers.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just a heads up. There are a couple monoguns listed for sale on Gunbroker that are not as described
Listed as “ Stainless “ when in fact are plated. Looks like the “ meta life “ plating which is actually quite nice. I sent the seller a message explaining that they are not stainless but they never responded or changed the listing.
I just don’t someone getting duped

Terry Jones
Do all Stainless Ljutics have the word Stainless on the receiver, or a prefix S with serial #? Thanks.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The early ones do. I have 94-s in the shop. at some point they dropped the “s”. But they are all clearly are marked “ stainless monogun “ by the serial number. They also made only around 400 or so SS ones. So a “ stainless” one with a serial number of 1500 is a problem
Now there are exceptions when someone ordered a special serial number. But should always have “ stainless “ engraved on receiver

Terry

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, 400 series stainless is hardenable therefor has iron in it. 300 series is only work hardenable and is non magnetic. There are many different grades of stainless steel, any that are hardenable are magnetic

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
At least the 1st 100 or so stainless Ljutic Mono’s were made from SAE51431 steel (431ss) I owned 99S for several years. If you want to keep them rust free you’ll still need to wipe them down after use.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Depending upon the finish, a hard-chromed Ljutic may be more maintenance free than the blued Ljutic, which seems to show wear after a while...and it looks a heck of a lot nicer. I had a stainless Centennial...I always worried about galling. I'm not a fan of stainless on stainless for forend iron on receiver. As for the one being advertised as stainless, it may be a great gun, but sounds like the seller is not very knowledgeable on the subject or...

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don’t think the seller is trying to mislead anyone intentionally. But I did send them a message several days ago explaining that their ljutics are not actually stainless. I got zero response and they never changed the listing.

TJ

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I had this done to me once was sold to me as a stainless but was not...seller reluctantly took the gun back and refunded me the money after a lengthy discussion lasting a couple months. Jerry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts