Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found a huge box of those cheap plastic type bags that shot comes in. Thought I'd ask if anyone has found a use for them before I burn them. Thanks

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Lead Miner(Terry) on here will probably take them off your hands. He used take money off your bill of reclaimed shot when you brought him empty shot bags. I can't recall if he used those plastic ones or not but if you were just gonna burn them, it would be worth sending him a PM asking if he was interested.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
I tried working with them to make new products but it didn't work out. Lead reclaimer (Terry) could probably use them or anyone that makes their own shot.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Burning is NOT a good idea because of possible toxic fumes emitted by the plastic. I'm not a tree hugger but I would look into recycling them if you can't find anyone who could repurpose them.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
Lawrence has started to back to cloth bags. I know they are out there in 7.5s and/or 8s, not yet in 9s though still plastic woven bags there.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Contact Terry "lead miner" , when I got reclaimed shot from him on one of his road trips this April he was paying $.50 per empty bag cloth or plastic.

·
Registered
732 Posts
J fill mine with fired primers and wiretie and drop them off at the public shooting range on the shooting benches for sand bags.
Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts