Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject has been discussed before, but I've been unable to find the discussion in my searching.

Looking for information on who makes and/or sells lightweight plastic or synthetic top ribs. Don't want any type of adjustment capability. Just looking for something very lightweight that I can glue on. Yes, I've tried the balsa wood temporary ones, but I'm looking for something that is a bit more permanent, but that can be removed if desired.

Any comments or recommendations?

Thanks,

Easystreet

·
Registered
476 Posts
I know this subject has been discussed before, but I've been unable to find the discussion in my searching.

Looking for information on who makes and/or sells lightweight plastic or synthetic top ribs. Don't want any type of adjustment capability. Just looking for something very lightweight that I can glue on. Yes, I've tried the balsa wood temporary ones, but I'm looking for something that is a bit more permanent, but that can be removed if desired.

Any comments or recommendations?

Thanks,

Easystreet
Give me a call Dave Berlet 419 753 2557 (home phone) 419 953 8862(cell). I custom build delrin ribs to fit on top of the existing rib. Can make to what ever point of impact that you want.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave,

I'm wanting to add about 1/8" to 3/16" to the height of my 30" barreled Citori XT which is about 11 years old. I want the thickness (height) of the rib to be the same at front and back. In other words, no change in POI.

I've seen some synthetic (delrin?) ribs that fit over the existing ribs adding a little height but also adding width. That would be OK too. In fact, it might be preferable to one that was simply the same width as my XT which is a tapered rib. This would end up converting my tapered rib which is about 0.30" to 0.40" in width to one that is about 0.60" in width all the way while adding about 0.12" to 0.18" in height.

If you can do something like this, what would it cost? You can send me a PM if you prefer not to discuss price in this thread.

Thanks,

Easystreet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts