Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please direct me to Plans for Trap Scorers chair. We need to build a couple and I cannot seem to locate any plans. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
339 Posts
Call Hal Hagen of Beloit Wi. He is the guy who built the ones for the old Grand . They lasted 12 yrs,, don't know where they are now, but they were good ones. Paul

·
Registered
977 Posts
We just got a brochure in the mail a couple weeks ago if you go to www.advance-sign.com you will see shooters chairs on the web site. Lots of things. One of our area shooters just built four chairs for us, because we lost ours in a fire. He did an wonderful job on them. He just made the chairs like the ones they have at there club. A school built the ones they use at the Ohio State shoot. Just some info. Mary Jane

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just a suggestion:

Put a piece of acyrillic on the scorer's desk area. Wood gets lumpy, hard to write on, etc. It also absorbs water, so even if it stopped raining an hour ago, the paper soaks through without a clip board.

One swipe of a rag and the acryllic is dry.

Have always wondered why no one does this, the material is cheap enough.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Not rocket science just have at it. If I can make this one you can do as good or better. Treated deck boards and 2 x 4's. Coated screws and carriage bolts.

Rock

Jim

G

·
I've scoured the web looking for scorer chair plans and can't find a one. If you want drawings for a reloading bench, there are dozens of those.

Mike

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I have to go up and clean out the p-trap on the men's urinal today, and I will take some pics of the chairs we have. They are metal and hence need a good welder but are lightweight and serve the purpose well.

Rickyd

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dave, I have a drawing for a scorekeepers chair however it is in a Autocad format and you will need someone with Autocad on their computer in order to download the drawing. This is the same chair that is used at Nashville for the Tenn state shoot. Bill Hardison Memphis Sport Shooting

·
Registered
610 Posts
Kirk Sanders makes nicely tig'd ones. They are all metal and lightweight and very well built. Click on the link above

Forrest

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Corel X3 will convert autocad drawoings.

I have emailed Bill....if he sends it to me, I will convert it and post for all to use.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Well, the p-trap didn't help the urinal......but here are the pics I promised.

Next <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>

and <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just an Idea contact the Clark County sportsman's club. in Springfield,Ohio.

We have probably 15 steel scorer chairs just going to waste. We only have four trap houses now and they may get rid of the extras cheap. Just taking up room in storage and we will never use them again, sorry to say.

A letter would be the best. Hard to tell who will be there during club hours.

Clark County Sportsman's Club
3450 Ballentine Pk.
Springfield, OH 45502

Phone 937-964-1471

Or email me a letter to take to the club as to your inquiry about the chair(s). I will see it gets to the proper people. Never hurts to ask. Getting it to where it goes is another story.

Don't forget your contact information.

Rock

Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.