Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the very early stages of thinking about what it would take to develop a modern shotgun sports facility. Any recommendations as to where to begin to look for a set of plans defining the layout? Either respond here or PM me and I will send you my email address....

Thank you,

Kevin

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
How to make a small fortune running a gun range. Start with a large fortune.
Good luck. Mark

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
for skeet info go to Mynssa, they have the layout info. If you hold shoots they donate toward construction, or at least they did in the past.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kevin, I'm an avid shooter and an Architect by profession. I could probably help you a little with a conceptual layout if I knew more about the property you had in mind, support facilities etc.

Gary

·
5,253 Posts
Vargas is a good resource, as are the NRA, NSSF and the discipline associations... they'll all offer basic plans for fields and housing requirements.

Before even going down those roads... consider land requirements of 100 acres minimum, plus zoning/county approval considerations...

Jay

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
You need a 300 yard shotfall zone.

Use trap/skeet overlay field design, a 5 stand is easy to sandwitch in on the left end (you have an unused low house space, put a sliding door in for a rabbit target)

NSCA has layout instructions. they are in the same place as NSSA.

One thing I would caution against: putting the trap house in the skeet target flight line. Makes for jumpy targets.

Better to have the skeet walk on either the 16 or the 27 yard line.

We didn't.

crap.

HM

·
Registered
73 Posts
What area of the country are you planning to do this in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts