Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not wanting to hijack one other thread.

I am taking bets on how much time it will take for us to find ammo (shotgun/rifle/pistol) and components regularly available again.

1st bet: 6 months

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
O'Bummer, best gun salesman ever!! The industry will be thanking him down the line, or perhaps the shareholders. Hope we survive his crap.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Care to wager on that hmb?

Think about it, component makers aren't going to close up shop over the threat of stricter gun control laws. How dumb would that be. If I owned the company, I would make and sell all I could during this panic/frenzied buying spree.

I couldn't get .22 Hornet ammo or components last year between January through about the middle of March. When the end of March and April arrived, everything was plentiful. I have no idea if manufacturers shut down toward the end of the year or if wholesalers and retailers just don't want much inventory at the end of the year or during the early first quarter of the year. Just speaking from my personal experience.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ill bet >6 months. If reloading components are prioritized toward commercial ammunition manufacturing, components by themselves will be non existant. The ammo manufacturer will jack the price of ammo out of sight. Like trapshooting isnt expensive enough already! The $5.00 box of shells will go the way of the $2.00 gallon of gas. But wait...I just read that the economy is improving!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.