Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there someplace around Hillsboro to shoot? Looks like I will be spending the winter there working for Peabody Coal.

Thanks Ed

·
Registered
248 Posts
I live in Hillsboro and manage the Nokomis Sportsmans Club about 22 miles to the club we shoot on Wed. nites. Practice at 6:00 pm. and a 50 bird derby at 8:00 pm. or dark. You can call me for dirctions at 217-851-4925. Shoot good Rick.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Brittany Shooting Park (home of the State Shoot) is about 25 miles due west and great place to shoot or practice. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ed,

KVS Club in Keyesport has a 50 bird derby every Friday night. We are also having a registerd shoot on Sunday. We are located about 45 min. south of Hillsboro. Let me know if you need more info.

Rhonda

·
Registered
552 Posts
we shoot at a small club between hillsboro and litchfeild on thurs. nights . pratice starts around 6:00 5 bird matches start around 7:00 come on over new shooters are always welcome k.c.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
ed nast:

You weren't specific about what kind of shooting. So... if you are so inclined, there are two sporty clay places very close to H'boro. Sporties aren't my deal but I'm sure someone on here can name them if you're interested.

sissy

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
For some "real" targets there is Faller's Sporting Clays in the little town of Butler not 5 miles from Litchfield. They are great people as well. Don and Cindy Faller own and run it. Don can also set you up for some great waterfowl hunting if you do that.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
ed nast:

Faller's and Prairie Chicken are the two sporty clays courses to which I referred.

Faller's is just outside the Village of Butler and less than 5 miles (7 minutes) from H'boro. Prairie Chicken is about 7 miles (10 minutes) south of H'boro on IL route 127.

sissy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Prairie Chickens Sporting Clays is no longer open. Pat shut down a few years ago when he retired. We have shot at Fallers - great course and great people. Hope to see some of you in Missouri.

Rhonda

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi kc missed you dove hunting at larry's this year. hope to see you around . and yes Litchfield sportsmans club good place to shoot 5 bird matches and fun games .lots of good people there. jack Reeves( Hammer) nice place to p/u a nicname too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.