Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been xxlarge, 6' 2" 325. I have used a adjustable pad to get my gun to fit in my shoulder. I have had a stock made once and it was quite different in that it had a lot of drop at toe. I just purchased a used Kolar and was going to have the adjustable pad from Graco installed. Should I have the stock cut (not lest straight)to allow me a more even feel on my shoulder ? I generally mount a gun and if it doesn't have a adjustable pad dropped all the way and toed out the point out the pad digs into my shoulder ? I have read different opinions on pitch but am wondering if Large chested men might need something different than the norm ? I know a Diet ! Thanks

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Usually a pitch issue will result in cheek slap. The fastest way to try and correct that is to put a couple of flat washers between the recoil pad and the stock on the top screw for the recoil pad. If that solves or helps the problem, then you are going in the correct direction. Then you put a permanent shim in place or cut the stock. Many people shoot a stock that is too long and that can also create similar issues. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I am barrel chested also and have to have positive pitch on my guns. If you put a Graco pad adjuster on make sure it is also adjustable for length. I would add positive pitch to your current setup until you get the top and bottom into your shoulder and pad touching top and bottom the same. I have owned Kolars and my experience is most lack positive pitch. Kolar is a great gun and great company, you will enjoy it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts