Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Pilla X6 coming up with the nose piece/gap coinciding with the bead? With my new stock, this is happening, and it affects my peripheral bird-bead. I’m thinking I may just need the nose pieces bent/shifted. Should I just go to an optician? Or would Mike from L and M do this? That’s who I bought from. Planning on going to the Grand.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
If you're head is turned that far in you're stock fit is garbage.

You can also see if raising the nosepiece slightly, thus lowing the lenses on your face helps, but it still seems like you have your head turned WAY into the stock, and likely need a LOT more offset in the comb.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're head is turned that far in you're stock fit is garbage.

You can also see if raising the nosepiece slightly, thus lowing the lenses on your face helps, but it still seems like you have your head turned WAY into the stock, and likely need a LOT more offset in the comb.
I’m sure the kind folks at Wenig as well as Phil Simms would love to hear your analysis of their job stockfitting.

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
I’m sure the kind folks at Wenig as well as Phil Simms would love to hear your analysis of their job stockfitting.
Not concerned.

If your head is turned in badly enough that the nose cut on your lens is lining up with the rib, then your gun stock was made incorrectly or you have a sloppy gun mount (or I suppose your head is build like a cyclops). Something is VERY wrong if you're describing your issue accurately, how about a pic?

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,753 Posts
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Pilla X6 coming up with the nose piece/gap coinciding with the bead? With my new stock, this is happening, and it affects my peripheral bird-bead. I’m thinking I may just need the nose pieces bent/shifted. Should I just go to an optician? Or would Mike from L and M do this? That’s who I bought from. Planning on going to the Grand.

Thanks in advance.
My analysis is, and I’m an expert, of course, is that L & M can correct that for you, OR, you may need a new Perazzi HT 10 Combo set. It doesn’t matter which one, long as the issue is corrected :)

Seriously though, has this been an issue before? What measurement in your new stock is different than your previous one? You can probably diagnose this yourself. Worst case scenario is a different style of Pilla, but I think yours are still new, so that’s not the best situation.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My analysis is, and I’m an expert, of course, is that L & M can correct that for you, OR, you may need a new Perazzi HT 10 Combo set. It doesn’t matter which one, long as the issue is corrected :)

Seriously though, has this been an issue before? What measurement in your new stock is different than your previous one? You can probably diagnose this yourself. Worst case scenario is a different style of Pilla, but I think yours are still new, so that’s not the best situation.

This was a problem from the get go with the Pillas. It was the same on the Wenig stock as the prosoft. Not an issue with my old rangers. The only difference is DAH is 1/4” more and pistol grip has slightly different dimensions. Everything else was the same dimensions.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not concerned.

If your head is turned in badly enough that the nose cut on your lens is lining up with the rib, then your gun stock was made incorrectly or you have a sloppy gun mount (or I suppose your head is build like a cyclops). Something is VERY wrong if you're describing your issue accurately, how about a pic?
I would think the folks at Wenig know a thing or two about stock fitting, so I doubt it’s that. Phil made the prosoft off of those measurements. I don’t have a sloppy gun mount, but there’s variation just like with anyone. My head isn’t built or a cyclops. I’m somewhat telecanthic actually. I’ll work on a pic, but no one currently home but me so may take some time. I’m fairly confident I’m describing the problem accurately. I also am a halfway decent shot. This only occasionally affects me. Likely when I am a little off with my mount, but I would like my rib/bead to be more centered in my lens. I’m not sure why this has to be an issue with my mount and gun and may not just be how the Pillas fit me. It’s on more than just this gun too... easy on the snap judgments. I’ve run 100 while wearing this setup.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hi tsk. I think I'd check on getting the pillas adjusted if you'll be at the grand. Ive seen you shoot the gun with the wenig stock and you shot it extremely well. If the prosoft is the same the only other thing it could be is the pillas. For those of you that don't know tsk, hes being modest saying he's a halfway decent shot. He was one of our states better Jr. Shooters until schooling caught up with him. Im sure he can still more than handle his perazzi.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Basically, you just need both nosepads moved to the right, to move the edge of the lens closer to your right eye. (Or move them to the left, if you're left handed.) An optician will have the correct tool designed for that purpose. Mike at L&M would be the best choice, as I'll bet he's fixed the same problem many times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts