Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks.

I'd like to hear from anyone using theses glasses . I wear 2 hearing aids , which I switch off while shooting and can't seem to find a comfortable pair of glasses to shoot with . Panther Post

Please just the folks who have a pro / con on their actual use . I know they are over priced , but I've spent more than their cost already on what doesn't work.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Soup

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Folks.

I'd like to hear from anyone using theses glasses . I wear 2 hearing aids , which I switch off while shooting and can't seem to find a comfortable pair of glasses to shoot with . Panther Post

Please just the folks who have a pro / con on their actual use . I know they are over priced , but I've spent more than their cost already on what doesn't work.

Soup
Soup, I have the Panther Post glasses and they are great. I do like the adjustable post and they stay on the bridge of my nose.. Very comfortable and lens quality is excellent. Previously I had Decot glasses and they were good , but I prefer the Pilla.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
I have Panther post model which are great when I'm wearing contacts. Currently trying to get a set of the RX inserts made-BIG PROBLEM because of the curved shape and the fact that they mount at an angle and NOT parallel to your eyes. Depending on your RX,the inserts may/may not work out for you.
Paul in Virginia

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I have a set of the Magnetos. Great glasses. The Magnetos have a thin temple with a flat ear lug, which will slide in comfortably with your hearing aids.The quality of the lenses are not comparable to anything else I have ever used. They are clear and there is no distortion. I also have a set of Decots that I have worn for many years.

As Paul noted, the RX version is different and not interchangeable with the Plano lenses. You need a whole new set. I use contacts most of the time with the Magnetos and the Decots when I forget my contacts. I much prefer the Magnetos. Not all of the Pillas have the flat ear pieces and they won't all fit a fat head like mine.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Folks.

Soup
Tyy

·
Registered
335 Posts
I also have a set of Magnetos, and got tired of buying new shooting lenses every time
my Rx changed. Just switched to contacts after 44 years of glasses, I have a severe
stigmatism, and love contacts, don't even know they are in your eyes. As for the
Pillas, the best, remember, it doesn't matter how good the gun is, or if you use
the best shells, if you can't see what your shooting, you're done.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Folks.

Soup
Ttt

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use the Rx inserts and like them. I've never worn contacts nor do I wish to start. They are expensive, but they are very high quality and help me see the targets better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts