Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33,726 Posts
That it is!!!

But he must have shot over the trap target for sure!!! No Trap Target requires that high of a elevation to shoot. break em all jeff
Notice the number 3 marker at the borrow of the pic? Not trap, probably sporting clays or some other shotgun sport.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Steve, do you think that is a complete freeze frame or is there some small but visible amount of time lapse on the shot string.

I don’t believe we are really seeing a 12” shot string that close to the muzzle… definitely one on the coolest shotgun pictures I’ve ever seen!

·
Registered
33,726 Posts
Yes, I noticed it!!! But this is a Trap Website right. So he must be shooting Trap right? LOL. Mmm break em all jeff
oooooooh right, silly me.

Reactions: Pull & Mark

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe it's a frozen frame from high speed shutter.

Well, it's English, shooting loaner gun from James Purdey at Royal Berkshire Shooting School, likely practicing driven birds.
Some of those guns have lots of cast to accommodate overhead birds.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I believe it's a frozen frame from high speed shutter.

Well, it's English, shooting loaner gun from James Purdey at Royal Berkshire Shooting School, likely practicing driven birds.
Some of those guns have lots of cast to accommodate overhead birds.
Yep. Probably a European shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Here is one from a few years ago. I take the old 870 along when fishing in case I see muskrats but with no 'rats around my Dad and I thought to try this...I had my Dad film this on an iphone in slow-motion video mode (or something like that), replayed it and took a screenshot of the still when paused. I think it is pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Here is one from a few years ago. I take the old 870 along when fishing in case I see muskrats but with no 'rats around my Dad and I thought to try this...I had my Dad film this on an iphone in slow-motion video mode (or something like that), replayed it and took a screenshot of the still when paused. I think it is pretty cool.
View attachment 1759301
I thought the shot string was 6' long????? Lol

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I think the image of an emerging shot stream would look very different, if it were a one piece plastic wad load.
The OP image is a typical British stack wad load.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That's a very interesting photo. I haven't shot at the RBSS since they closed down the two Olympic skeet layouts and that was very many years ago. It used to be one of my training grounds. That landscape looks too flat to be Royal Berkshire Shooting Ground. I'd guess the pic was taken while out game shooting somewhere, hence the peg number.

Welcome to The Royal Berkshire Shooting School (rbss.co.uk)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts