Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Well known trouble maker
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on Lee's thread but didn't know how many would go back to that thread to keep updated. So I started this thread so all could see his reclaimed shot.

I do not know Lee and have never met him. I spoke to him on the phone one time when I ordered the shot.

So without further ado, here it is.

docbombay_2011_0201.jpg

·
Well known trouble maker
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don, I have been shooting it from the 16 and the targets break just the same as new shot.

I ran a magnet through it and found no steel.

It goes through my 366 with no problems.

Doc

·
Banned
302 Posts
"Looks terrible, I wouldn't shoot it through my gun."..........

Would you explain why you wouldn't shoot it through your gun?

·
Registered
568 Posts
This is from Leadminer.
This is very clean polished reclaimed lead shot. You will have a hard time finding any steel in it at all as we run it over strong magnets twice during our process. I add graphite to it and put a very high polish on it. It is ready for your reloader.
Check out ths photos of his photos of his shot, no comparison.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm a repeat customer of Lead Miner and my shot always looks like OldRemFan, it's not only graphited, but polished and looks nothing like DocBombay's pic.

I just went out to the garage and snapped this pic of my barrel of Lead Miners shot...the rust you see around the edge is a reflection off the shot of the rust inside the barrel.

minnship8_2011_250749.jpg

Regards,

Chip

·
Registered
221 Posts
Guys, I'm only going to say this once. If shinny shot in your mind breaks targets harder, then buy it from Terry the Lead Miner. Yes his shot looks better because he has high dollar equipment and polishes 6 or 7 tons at a time for about six hours. His shot looks great and he's a great guy. I'm a one time little guy who is TRYING to pass along cleaned, screened, run under a magnet and tumbled with graphite shot at a descent price. So, if shinny shot gives you more confidence then buy Terry's or buy new. Perhaps a little more graphite on that batch would have made it look darker and better but then there are guys crying about too much graphite. As far as shooting it, I shoot it through my Seitz with no concerns and it breaks targets just fine if you are on them. Don't always blame the shot or the people who sell it ? Lee

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Lee, I happen to buy from Terry, but the guys on here criticizing the appearance of your shot are way out of line. Please keep posting what you have for sale and ignore the inconsiderate among us.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I doubt that the target knows which breaks it. Shiny or dull. But buy what you want. Isn't that the idea?

Rick in MT

·
Banned
302 Posts
I can't tell you if there is a difference, I haven't reloaded both (yet). I can vouch for Lee and the dealings I have had with him. He Absolutely lived up to every promise he made to me, went out of his way to ensure that the shot was shipped to me in spite of it being Christmas Eve, not because I asked him too, but because he felt it was the right thing to do. He is a trap shooter,just like all of us, and if he says it works just fine in his gun then I chose to believe him. Never met him. Just asked if he could help me out by shipping a couple of boxes to me. He did it even though I know it was a PITA. This is not a knock on a Terry, I'm sure he has a quality product too and will give it a try too. I think we are very lucky to have multiple sources for quality reclaimed shot that save us all money while not sacrificing quality whatsoever.

Thanks to Terry and Lee for helping us..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I didn't mean to infer that there was a single thing wrong with the shot in DocBombay's pic. Dustoff made the statement that it was Terry's. I was simply showing evidence of the difference to show that it was not Terry's, that's all.

Regards,

Chip

·
Banned
996 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem shooting it it just looks like it's not graphite and might bridge and not feed well in my loader. It all comes out reclaim at the end of your barrel anyway is what I say. Whats the price on it?

·
Well known trouble maker
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The shot that I took the picture of has graphite on it.

It has gone through my 366 without any problems.

Doc

·
Registered
568 Posts
By LB1951's own admission, on his post of 'Beware of Edwin Gill', he states. 'I had a customer unhappy with some shot I sold him, he purchased five bags'.
Apparently there was a problem with this shot.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Picture of LB1951

Thanks Dustoff, if you are going to quote me, then quote the whole thread. The only problem the man had with it was he didn't care for the amount of graphite which was a bit heavy at the time and he didn't want it getting on his machine. I noticed you optioned not to tell that I quickly refunded all his money including shipping for all 5 bags he purchased but only returned a little over four. He apologized for the inconvenience and thanked me for being so understanding. He has been the only customer to dislike it !!! Perhaps I should tumble it with Preperation -H for some of you anal people. It might make it shinny -who knows? For heavens sake, it's RECLAIMED SHOT. I hope you find something better to do at night.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts