Trapshooters Forum banner

Picture of a soot-balled first target (SWG)

3109 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  ljutic73

Hope y'all don't mind me posting another shooting picture. I know I like seeing shots that people take from events around the country, and thought some of you might like to see another one I took at the Southwestern Grand a couple of weeks ago.

It is of Rob Taylor of Manhattan, Kansas, turning a first target in a doubles event, into a real soot-ball. I worked on the picture to show an enlarged view of just that target as well as the whole picture showing the 2nd target "trying" to get away, it didn't !!! Pretty neat how you can still see some of the orange color of the target as the shot string goes thru it and turns the rest of it into just a big, black blob of pitch.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
Krieghoff K-80 standard trap (32"/34" unsingle) & Beretta ASE-90 (29 1/2" tubed set)
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whiz, I wish I could have seen Britt shoot (anything) !!! I took a clinic from him at our little club down on the Gulf Coast a few years ago, but he never shot during it. I read the article in an old Shotgun Sports magazine about Britt and his shooting and induction into the ATA Hall of Fame as well as his choice of chokes for doubles. I would have loved to have gotten a shot of that !!!

· Registered
7,462 Posts
I had the privilege of having Britt on my squad for most of the '90 Montana State shoot in Great Falls. What a thrill! Watching him murder doubles targets faster than what seem possible is amazing....and then trying to keep to your own rhythm when I's you turn is a real challenge.

Ron Burr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.