Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, you are going to have one hell of a time reclaiming the lead from that tree line...

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
It looks like the deck structure was done very nicely. My big question is how close the tree line is. I think it would be hard to pick up and track the birds with a background that close. Hell what do i know though.----Matt

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Who ever did the deck did a great job. As for the tree line you can forget reclaiming the lead. The tree's are far enough away but close enough you will learn to shoot fast. I was told it will be up and running the first part of Oct.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
You can only forget reclaiming the lead until the EPA closes you down until you do. Very nice platform, though.

Ed

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
All environmental agencies get nervous about lead being thrown around. If there are any waterways (even tiny streams) or wells nearby, they get REAL nervous. A lot of gun clubs have shotfall areas like that one - here in Pennsylvania, that's a typical background (although not that close). Those clubs should be looking into a shot curtain. A curtain will serve two purposes - it will tell any government snooper that the club is proactive and it will give the club income from the reclaimed lead.

Ed

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I see Handicap shooters can access the platform but where do they shoot once they are onboard? Is there room for a chair between the framed in positions? JRM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.