Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked into my local gun shop looking for an inexpensive replacement for my 40 year old Charles Daly, Miroku 12g Trap Gun......Wanted to spend $1000-$1200. The CZ Premier Target had my attention but the wood on the one they had looked like birch with near no grain.....On the consignment rack was an SKB 885 with a price tag of $2800....but upon closer inspection it came with a second Uni-barrel, 8 chokes (5 from Briley), a few snap caps and a super heavy duty fitted Americase. It also has an adjustable fitted GraCoil recoil reduction recoil pad. The gun appears in unused condition. Not a mark anywhere on it!

But $2800 was too rich for my wallet.

As the salesman was putting it back in the rack, the other salesman said that the seller was in need of money and he dropped the price to $1500!!!!

I'm not sure what I bought as I have no experience with SKB other than I shoot Cowboy Action and the SKB 200 is the GO TO SxS shotgun for that event. I have two of them.

So, asking the experts...How did I do?

PICTURES!

More Here:

·
Vendor
863 Posts
I have a 785 and love it.

You did amazing, these guns are rare and combos even more so. $1,500 is a smoking deal!!! If you ever sell, shoot me a message. :)

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
You have a nice shotgun combo, well worth more than you paid for it. Enjoy shooting it. Try to get at least two sets of springs and firing pins from SKB. While you can? Good Luck and break em all jeff

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
PS, I should have posted all springs, not just hammer springs. Top lever, trigger return, the ejectors springs. Get them all!!! break em all Jeff

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Great buy - you will enjoy it for many years. Contact SKB and see if they have a record on it for servicing. Might be wise if they have no record to send it in for a tune-up. My experience is a turn around time of about 1 week. The old style hammer springs (what came in the gun originally) were the weak ones. The new springs last much longer. They are super easy to change.

·
Registered
32,296 Posts
I am not an expert you asked for, but I think you did good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks folks! Is there any way to convert the Ejectors to Extractors......Or install weaker ejector springs?

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Great locking system on those guns. Compatible to high end makers/guns. You did extremely well on the purchase. Now go out and enjoy it! Good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
82 Posts
I need to have this type of luck...

I keep checking locally for deals like that.

Nice find!

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took the gun to the range to pattern before shooting trap on Sunday AM. Shot beautifully.....60/40, just like I like it! Should be good to go!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congratulations. I have the exact same gun combo minus the Graco recoil unit. Hope you like it. They have a good solid feel and beautiful wood. If you call SKB and give them your serial number they can tell you the year of manufacture. I think mine is 1989. They said they have the parts and expertise to service it if you want. Good shooting with it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts