Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a gun off one of the big gun sites (not here) and here is what I thought I was getting and what I actually received:

SXS Arrieta with 2" chambers - That part is correct
29" barrels - The gun actually has 28" barrels
Cyl and IC chokes - it actually is marked and has IC and Mod chokes
weight 5 pounds 11 ounces - actually weighs 6 pounds 1 ounce

Called the gentleman and he was very nice, said he is a rifle, handgun guy and just listed it by memory. Said to send it back for a refund minus the shipping charges. Still a very nice gun but not at all what I thought I was buying. This is the craziest thing I have run into. I hate to send it back and lose $100 shipping. I do believe it was an honest mistake but man!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Two inch is a sweet gun & sweeter still at a half-pound lighter ...

Is there any hope the guy will retroactively lower the price as the gun is not nearly as valuable as described?

Bob

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
2" chambers? How old is it?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
About 6 years old. Arrieta made a special run of them for two different distributors. New England arms and Wingshooters. If you have never shot a 2" 12 gauge you are missing a great little gun. 7/8 oz of shot and no shot sting. They pattern great and are light because of the light loads. The perfect little upland gun. Gun has all the bells and whistles and very pretty.

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Hi Gerry--sorry the gun was not what you wanted. I almost popped for a 2" Skimin & Woods at last years Vintage Cup. a very cool 2" English ejector gun with nice wood. It was a 5 1/2 lb beauty. I'll let you know if I see any at a reasonable price. BD

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For grouse I think Cyl and IC is about as good as it gets. And these little 2" guns pattern so well it is scary. Besides when you pull the shells out at the gun club everybody goes crazy. Most people have never seen a 2" gun. Boomer you should have bought that gun!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Happened to me too. When I was into Citori Plus guns. Found one on-line,"All Original" bought it, brought it home. Happened to catch that the recoil plate screw looked different. Took it off and found the whole inside of the stock was bored out, was cracked and epoxied. Beautiful gun. Didn't keep it and he wouldn't bargin with me. Thank God I had 3 day inspection. Dave T.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I also have one 27 inch barrels cy and imp cyd(from wingshooters) - got it at the Vintagers several years back when it was in NY - Have taken alot of grouse and woodcock with it - it will really reach out there even with cyl barrel - reloading is a little tuff - I have a good collection of data if your interested - you'll love carrying it in the feild - its not bad at skeet either, I loaded some 3/4 oz loads crushes them - good luck with it

John Mroczka
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The guy misrepresented the gun, there is NO WAY that you should be covering the shipping. It was his fault in the description so he covers the shipping costs. Although doesn't sound like he'll do it so might consider just keeping it unless you really don't want it. Ask for maybe a little $$$ back and then just keep it?

Don't let him off so easy just because he sounded like a nice guy. Until he does right for you, there is nothing nice about him misrepresenting the gun and then sticking you with a $100 worth of shipping. I would not be nearly as understanding.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may keep it, will decide in a day or so. I have owned them before and love them. The gun is very, very, nice, just not what I expected.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Barrels are perfect and the gun overall is 98%. The man just didn't do his homework before he listed it. It was an honest mistake and I'll take it at that. I'll probably buy the gun because I love these 2" guns and this one is very nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.