Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See website listed above.

This is a very powerful testimony by Phil, Miss Kay and two of their sons.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That was pretty awesome. If only more people could realize that it doesn't matter what you've done, God loves you and wants you to love Him. He will never force you to do anything that you don't want to do but it can and will be a life changing event when you choose Him. Jackie B.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
I have to admit, I married a young girl, and she did clean and skin my ducks. For a long time. (She drew the line at squirrels, though.)

This story embodies the values that made America a great country. The popularity of the DD show lets many people see those values for real.

HM

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
This may sound a little goofy but in one of the Zorro movies, Daddy Zoro told his son "when a true need arises, a hero will appear. In real life, I'm just dumb enough to believe this is true. Obviously this country cries for family values, a very unlikely looking family has stepped forward. I don't care if you think the Robertson's are hicks. They are seen by millions as a family with love, respect, and Christian values and WE NEED THAT!! Jesus was a lowly carpenter from a small town with no money or political backing that held the line on values. Certainly I do not say these people are comparable to Jesus but I do say don't judge quality by looks and background.

The shows may be scripted (with exception of Phil and Jase) and they are definitely riding the money train. I met them many years ago at the SHOT show when they were just getting started and I can assure you they are what you see.
They preached what we are seeing now when no one knew who they were. Their will not waiver on their Christian beliefs and family ties.

·
Registered
613 Posts
All are college grads except for Si. I understand that A & E was negotiating this years contract and told them the weekly show closing prayer was not wanted. A & E was told they would not renew the show without the prayer. I'll bet the family is not on board for gay marriage, abortion and the many programs our Messiah in DC is in favor of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts