Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phil Robertson of "Duck Dynasty" in hot water over gay comments in GQ magazine interview...

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-duck-dynasty--star-s-anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.html

"What's more, according to him, it's basically incomprehensible. "It seems to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man's anus," he explained. "That's just me. I'm just thinking, 'There's more there! She's got more to offer.' I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

Then A&E decides to cave into the liberals and fire him...

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynasty-e-suspends-phil-robertson-following-gay-003417098.html

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fired link above..

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynasty-e-suspends-phil-robertson-following-gay-003417098.html

This is a good test for the duck dynasty cast, if money is more important than family. I hope they all quit the show.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
What a sad world we live in.....when sinful people and behavior have more power than the Bible. God loves the homosexual, but hates the sin. I'm tired of this political correct world!

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Not fired, but on hiatus. Kind of like the administrative suspension a cop gets when he kills someone.

The slime community has reacted vigorously and are spinning it with all they have. Cant have popular people telling the truth.

HM

·
Registered
163 Posts
What happened to freedom of speech, being able to have your beliefs? He wasn't oppressing anyone. I'm not a duck hunter but I will be buying a duck commander call.
Phil I am very happy, happy, happy with you for having a pair and speaking your mind. If only the GOP could grow half the balls Phil has maybe this country wouldn't be swirling down the toilet,
Dave

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
A&E loves the audience the Robertsons draw and the profits they generate, but can't deal with the reality of what they actually represent. Talk about hilarious hypocrisy.

-Gary

·
Registered
607 Posts
Very unfortunate that the American people have learned to except what is wrong rather than stand up for what they believe to be right!!! If the family is anything like they portray themselves to be, they will all walk. Tim

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Good for him. If that's what he believes in then why should he have stated it any differently? I applaud him for saying it like it is. These idiot TV producers want reality but then when they get it, they can't handle it. What he said made sense to me.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
100% support Phil Robertson and his beliefs. I just hope his sponsors won't give in to gay/lesbian crowd just for stating his beliefs. This bunch of Obama voters is accelerating this country into the ground. A&E came out stating their strong support for the gay and lesbian movement. What a bunch of hypocrites?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Screw A&E if they suspend Phil, I will not watch any of their shows. Phil is a good, honest, god fearing man. We need more of them. Are there more gays than Christians? Why must we cater to them?

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Three cheers for Phil!!!

Who cares about A&E, if they drop the hottest show on TV, it won't take long for another "contract" to be written up for them!!

So nice that there is no longer the "big 3" networks anymore!!

Here is probably the most stupid statement made over the whole issue!

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," said GLAAD rep Wilson Cruz. "He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans – and Americans - who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

Sin is Sin, no matter how or what you say to try and explain it away!!

Besides, God has already decided the "issue" Christian or not. I'll stand on God's side of it, He has already demonstrated how He feels about it.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
The show was founded on God, guns, hunting, family biz and morals, the networks keep trying to "mold them" into something they are not.

I remember when the net said, " no more guns on the show", the reply was, "No guns, no show!"

Were would the Ducksters be without all of what they believe in ?? I guess, just some ******** with beards, wow...exciting.

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
The LGBT community may be larger than the membership here at Trapshooters.Com but I'll bet some real money that they aren't as big or as powerful as The NRA, Ducks Unlimited, The Conservative Movement, SAF (et al), The Southern Baptist Convention (et al), and the rest of the God fearing silent majority in this country. If GLAAD doesn't like what Phil said, I suggest that they go back to the closet and take their disdain out on each other's various body cavities.

If we don't HAMMER A&E with every voice, we are just a bunch of LGBT pansies, too! Burn their switch boards! Torch their servers. Let's stand beside Phil before all the queers start trying to stand BEHIND us.

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
We are suppose to be "tolerant and diversified".
However, tolerance and diversity can seldom exist with morals and ethics.

Tell the media.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
<i>"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," said GLAAD rep Wilson Cruz.</i>

Who in the hell are they to tell me and other Christians what we believe?

That's pretty arrogant.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The Bible says marriage is a union between man and woman.

Adam & Eve not Adam & Steve

I think we should all bombard A&E with phone calls and emails to show our support Phil

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
So a person from a GAY organisation (prohibited biblically) is going to tell us what the rules are for Christians? El Crocko Mucho.

You go, Phil.

HM

1 - 20 of 61 Posts