Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Pheasantmast,

I wanted to express my thanks for your recommendation of a gunsmith to change my Browning XS 20 gauge trigger from pull to release.

Not sure why, but obviously after you mentioned him, no one else chimed in.
Phillip must be awful good at what he does.

Anyway, I sent him the receiver and we'll wait and see how this works out.

Again, my sincere thanks for your input.

Ken Flanagan

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Ken, your welcome.

My story with Phil started many years ago when he first got into the business. Through the years he has done alot of work for me even the stupid stuff I've come up with. As such I've spent alittle time around and with him, pestering him all I could. Being in this game all my life, I don't remember seeing another smith as caring and meticulous about his work.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You will be pleased with Phillip's work. I had him work on 9 guns at the
MN. state shoot 2 years ago. Trap guns, hunting guns, and even 22's.
Gary Owen

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Two years ago at the Missouri Fall Handicap, I had a minor problem with my MX-14L. I stopped by Phill's trailer and he fixed it for me right away. No charge. He didn't know me from Adam. Good person--does good work.

Steve

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Ditto for me!-- Martin and Devi recommened him to work on my O/U. He does great work and has a really quick turn around! One of the best I ever dealt with!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Pheasant Master, he was located in Mn. and wintered in Wis. I believe. I also
took guns to him at Mn. stateshoot 3 years ago. He even had parts to fix a
L.C. Smith for a friend of mine and a Baker sxs for me.
Now that he is in TX I have to send him my work, but is well worth it.
Gary

·
Registered
726 Posts
I just sold a 687 that I had had him put releases in and had to take them out because the buyer didn't shoot a release.I really hated having to do that because the releases were a real thing of beauty,such a shame to destroy such quality work.If I ever need releases put in another gun he would be my first and only choice and his prices are reasonable.You can't go wrong with Phillip's work.Unlike some other's I won't mention he is even a good guy and not a grump .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.