Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
browning 725 trap combo
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if they are worth the money. To help tone the fit on my 725.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
i have had 2 PFS stocks on K guns, i now have a new Browning CXT and in the next few months it will have a PFS stock on it, easy to adjust just snug everything up once in awhile and all will be good and the recoil reduction is nice too

·
Registered
596 Posts
Worth every penny. Once you have it fine tuned to you and your shells, do not adjust anything when you have a bad day. That’s the biggest mistake most people do. Good luck and good shooting, Rey
I second what Rey said.

Also a few other points:

1) Vern is a great guy to work

2) If you change guns... as if that ever happens to any of us :09:... you can easily buy a grip for the new gun and keep the PFS

3) In the event that you ever want to sell the stock they hold their value

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you get a Precision Fit Stock be sure to get the new wood grip that Vern now sells as a option.It makes the stock similar to a TSK stock.It comes in different grades of walnut,has palm swells and in different hand sizes.I think he also has the forearm to match.My friend has this combo on a Silver Seitz and it makes it a lot lighter.You can't go wrong with a Precision Fit Stock,it has all the adjustments you well ever need plus a recoil system that works very well.I am talking from experience as I have one for many years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you get a Precision Fit Stock be sure to get the new wood grip that Vern now sells as a option.It makes the stock similar to a TSK stock.It comes in different grades of walnut,has palm swells and in different hand sizes.I think he also has the forearm to match.My friend has this combo on a Silver Seitz and it makes it a lot lighter.You can't go wrong with a Precision Fit Stock,it has all the adjustments you well ever need plus a recoil system that works very well.I am talking from experience as I have one for many years.
Does Vern have a web page? I'm considering a PFS.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I just purchased one 2 weeks ago I thought about it for awhile. I’m glad I made the purchase it has a lot of adjustments. Plus the recoil reduction is an added plus I only got to shoot singles and handicap so far. I wish I would have called to see about a price for wood grip for a beretta.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Get one! I just purchased a BT99AR with the PFS ... I'm loving it .... I kinda like the cyborg look of it, love that I don't have to worry about scratching up a beautiful wood stock, love the recoil set up, or lack of recoil I should say, I have the raised rib adj comb option, so many positive features to get your gun set up for you!. It's just a win, win, win ... like some have said... you can use it on any gun you buy down the road. Save your new wood stock and reinstall on your gun with that brand new look, when you sell it ... :smilie_flagge13:

·
Registered
924 Posts
I really like the recoil characteristics of the pfs. However, the grip is too short for my hand and the sharp edge on the bottom digs into my hand. Does anyone know if they offer different grips for a browning 725?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You can customize the grip with the help of a little Bondo,I have seen them with palm swells and finger impressions.
Fiberglass is easy to work with.If you dont like it you can just sand it off till you get it like you want.Any good body shop supply will have everything you will need for a custom hand grip

·
Registered
975 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago to try to help with cheek slap issues. So, far I have not been able to resolve my problem but I do like the way it feels. I have no plans to give up on it. I would buy it again.

·
Registered
184 Posts
cmccoy76, if you figure out your slap issue, please let us know. I have a friend with a beautiful trap single.
He bought PFS to stop the slap issue from the wood stock. He's adjusted the PFS to fit; but, is still getting
a slap in the face. He adjusted pitch and many other adjustments to fit; but, as I said, still has a problem.
Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
975 Posts
cmccoy76, if you figure out your slap issue, please let us know. I have a friend with a beautiful trap single.
He bought PFS to stop the slap issue from the wood stock. He's adjusted the PFS to fit; but, is still getting
a slap in the face. He adjusted pitch and many other adjustments to fit; but, as I said, still has a problem.
Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Thank you.
For reference, the gun is a 725 sporting and the first time I shot it, I gave up after 32 shells and couldnt shoot it again. It was that bad! Bought a PFS and set it up the way I liked the feel, and started shooting it. It is better but still not completely gone. I tried a piece of mole skin last week on the comb, because I didnt like the feel of the plastic and a few guys at my club used it as well. It gave me a case of carpet burn on my cheek and again after about 50 shells I gave up on it.
I'm starting to think its my gun mount, when I shoot skeet or sporting it is hardly noticeable. Its only when I shoot trap that it really bothers me. I'm thinking I just use way more cheek pressure in trap. I'm thinking I'll buy a cheek eez pad and try that next.
I should probably add that I am shooting some 1oz. 1290 Rio shells that are pretty snappy. I will definitely be switching to a lighter load in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Guys, those with a little slap need to continue adjusting the comb & recoil unit until it is no longer felt. Don't be afraid to twist the comb on the bar (sort of like a roll over comb) until you get it comfortable. Mine are quite twisted in both the pad and comb but when I mount the gun, it fits like a glove. I've found the best way of testing fit is with the gun unloaded, eyes closed and in front of a mirror. Mount it with eyes closed and look forward to the mirror. Is it canted? Are the barrels in line with my preferred sight picture etc... A little time doing this will go a long way as to the fit/comfort. The stock recoils back and there should be no face sliding on the comb. Also, use a hard recoil pad. The recoil pad does not function on the PFS to help recoil. If you have a super soft pad and the recoil reducer is working, they will work against each other. I'll be happy to take a picture of mine of anyone wants to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Shoot me a PM. Good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
593 Posts
For reference, the gun is a 725 sporting and the first time I shot it, I gave up after 32 shells and couldnt shoot it again. It was that bad! Bought a PFS and set it up the way I liked the feel, and started shooting it. It is better but still not completely gone. I tried a piece of mole skin last week on the comb, because I didnt like the feel of the plastic and a few guys at my club used it as well. It gave me a case of carpet burn on my cheek and again after about 50 shells I gave up on it.
I'm starting to think its my gun mount, when I shoot skeet or sporting it is hardly noticeable. Its only when I shoot trap that it really bothers me. I'm thinking I just use way more cheek pressure in trap. I'm thinking I'll buy a cheek eez pad and try that next.
I should probably add that I am shooting some 1oz. 1290 Rio shells that are pretty snappy. I will definitely be switching to a lighter load in the future.
I will tell you my experience with the 725 sporting.The shape of the stock caused major cheek slap.The slope of the comb to heel was to much.I was trying a club members who was selling it.I took 4 shots and handed it back to him.I tried the 725 trap adj. comb and loved it .No cheek slap.I bought a new one.The trap model has very little slope to the comb.The monte carlo has a level comb which allot of people like also. joe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts