Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once tried a PFS stock, but sold it because it tended to lose its adjustments due to looseness...I imagine there is a "secret"/experience factor re. the best practice of keeping these things tight, particularly the cheek piece setting. I'm asking this question because I fear complications re. equipment, but the stock on my (very much liked gun) is too low. I hope to shoot again after a long hiatus due to "life" issues and so wish to have correct stock fit. Thanks in advance to PFS experts who may weigh in on this.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you raise the comb, make sure the two comb set screws are in contact with the top of the split ring comb mount & apply a drop of blue Loctite on both of the Torx screws to secure the comb. Mine stays in place. John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine stays tight and I haven't had issues. It I did, I would use a thread locker no more aggressive than blue locktite. Nail polish also works as a very gentle thread locker.

·
Registered
518 Posts
My comb is very very high and it never moves. I did not use loctiite or finger nail polish on it, Both are a good idea. BUT my recently brought PFS came with the additional brace that clamps on the top and bottom cylinders in front of the comb. I really like my PFS! They are a first class outfit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts