1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone says this will cure all.

If there is a problem, get a PFS stock.

Why do they keep saying that.

If you do not know what the problem is, how can you fix it.

I am not disounting the PFS Stock, but if you do not know what is actually happening, how will this device fix it?

Adjust it, what way, where up or down, left or right, or sideways.

Just tired of hearing buy a PFS stock.

Identify the problem and correct it.

Plus they are ugly when compared to a finished stock.

Kenny U.

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
Unless you require very extreme dimensions, a PFS can be made to fit 95%+ of the people out there. If you're having a gun fit problem, the cost of buying a PFS will be pretty close to the cost of adding an adjustable pad, recoil reducer, adjustable comb, ect to your current stock, and it still not be able to be made to fit you depending on your fit requirements.

And I'll take good fit and good scores over good looks any day of the week, when the choice is one or the other. Plenty of people out there shooting guns that don't come close to fitting them, and shoot poorly because of it, but they refuse to alter the stock or try something like the PFS because they can't get over the cosmetics (doesn't really bother me too much, makes it that much easier for me to win). The target can't tell if you're shooting a good looking of "ugly" gun, but it surely can tell if you're shooting a properly fit or poorly fit gun.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every time there is someone bruising a cheek, or worse , a PFS stock is brought up.

Buy it it will fix it.

I do not think that way. What is it that is causing your problem?

Find out what is causing it. Identify it.

Then fix it.

Is the PFS the only way?

No.

If you can't identify the problem, How can you adjust it.

Kenny U

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Kenny U,

If you want the answer to your questions, just get a PFS.<br>
See, that was easy.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello: Real wood. Me likey! The PFS stock makes it easier to adjust to see what your problem actually is. Read the " Stock Fitters Bible" and you can solve alot of the problems you may have. Have some old,good shooters watch you shoot and that helps as well. What has helped me is patterning the gun and making small changes one at a time. Try the gun and see if that helps. If not go back on your settings and see if that makes it worse. Testing is what you need to do. I am not good but I am getting better-HeHe. The PFS makes it easier than buying a different stock everytime. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
No stock can correct poor fundementals which off times is the cause of a poor fitting and uncomfortable guns. Often times when a shooter scores decline or the gun becomes uncomfortable it's because somewhere between stance and mount some part of the process has come unraveled and needs to be readdressed and brought back into the readying process.

Weight gain or loss even a small amount or loss or increase of muscle mass can cause major changes in how a gun fits. What the PFS brings to the game is a completely adjustable stock that can be taylored to your changing body while giving the added benefit of a tuneable recoil system.

Basics first, fit second.................

Surfer

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The point Kenny is trying to make is valid, IMHO...you must first figure out what the problem with your shooting is, before trying to figure out the solution. Stock adjustability is a fix to certain problems and PFS does that very well, but if there is another problem (ie, eye cross dominance) no stock will fix it.

JON

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is all I was trying to do. To state that fact.

If you do not know what you are doing wrong, you can't fix it. You can make it worse by the wrong fix.

A PFS is a good thing, if you know what are you are doing.

Just find out what you are trying to correct.

Nice wood on the PFS Cheifjon.

Kenny U

·
Registered
223 Posts
Kenny - I see your point and somewhat agree. While i'd love a PFS to take with me to a gun fitter, I think I'll take the most adjustable gun I now own and go see the stock fitter. It may turn out that the PFS is the way to go vs a truly custom made stock. Or it may be something simple and fixable with what I have. Mike

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
I bought one because I separated my shooting shoulder...again.

Need to reduce the pounding on my shoulder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts