Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you have your recoil setting at in terms of turns. I bought a used one and I thought it was soft , so I checked and it was set at 25 turns. The factory sets them at 10. Where did you set yours ?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have mine set six turns from frozen (bottom), I actually had it tightened to the max so I could really pull it back into my jacket. I learned that is not the answer to winter shooting. I am spoiled with the recoil reduction feature of the PFS. Loosen six turns seems to me the sweet spot for me. Ideally the muzzle will come straight back when adjusted for you. According to the book the muzzle should not rise or fall when the gun is fired. Remember to remove the lock screw and steel ball....if yours came with them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have mine set for 3 turns out - I use my Citori XT for skeet and sporting clays also, so I want a shorter rebound time. My PFS (purchased 9/2012) also came with the extra vertical brace for twist control.

I tend to lift my face from the gun and I try and concentrate on feeling the rebound in my cheek after shooting trap. With doubles I am focused on the next bird so who knows.

Colin

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
It's a dog bone that clamps onto the upper and lower tubes to prevent torque flex when the tube is screwed out for longer lop.

Surfer

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an older PFS and Vern says the aligner bracket only works on the newer (?) stocks. Ten turns is a little to soft and I have backed off to 8 for a try tomorrow.

Don

·
Premium Member
11,721 Posts
I set mine to ten turns backed off from solid because that's what the manual recommends as a starting point.

I think I like it right there.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have set so it moves 1/4". I don't remember the turns out maybe 6 turns.
I put a O ring on the shaft and keep adjusting it until I got it were I like the recoil. Then slide the O ring back and push down on the stock. That's how I got the 1/4" of travel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts