Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a BT99 w/ long tang trigger guard. Will be putting a PFS on it if I do (shooting without a PFS is not an option).

So far I've seen 3 ways to do this:

1. Bend and inlet the PFS grip for the long tang trigger guard. Seems like a lot of work.

2. Cut the long tang trigger guard off so it dovetails in place w/ the PFS grip. Also seems like a lot of work, and requires a sacrificial trigger guard.

3. Buy a short tang trigger guard, drill 2 holes in the receiver, and install.

Option 3 seems like the cleanest and easiest to me. Only problem is every short tang trigger guard I'm seeing has a cam type of lockup, whereas the hole in the BT99 is threaded, to accept a threaded stud on the trigger guard. I'm not seeing a short tang trigger guard with this threaded stud, either for BT99 or Citori.

Can someone point me in the direction of a short tang trigger guard with a threaded front stud? It apparently exists, as I found pics on here from last year where someone had performed this type of conversion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You forgot #4 use the long tang, cut it short, drill a hole in the end of the tang and screw it to the frame of the gun. Has for a sacrificial trigger guard Browning has lots of them there about $25 bucks. What I did was I saved the original trigger guard and bought a new one and used it for my BT-99 plus. If you need it you have to make it work and from what I reading you don't have much choice

I know your pain

George Ware

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The late model Citori trigger guard is the best route. The front of the guard screws in same hole as the long tang guard. Yes you have to drill to holes on the underside of the receiver, one hole is to receive the stud on the rear of the guard and the other is cross drilled through the receiver to push a roll pin through the stud to lock it in place. If you wish, I can send you pictures showing what's required. Brownell's is the source for a trigger guard.

Surfer

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you are interested, I have a BT 99 long tang trigger guard cut off to fit a BT 99 PFS grip. It has a hole drilled in it so that it can be screwed into the receiver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are interested, I have a BT 99 long tang trigger guard cut off to fit a BT 99 PFS grip. It has a hole drilled in it so that it can be screwed into the receiver.
Longshot as this post was from 5 years ago, but do you still have the BT99 long tang trigger guard cut to fit the PFS grip?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts