Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there a lot of folks out there using PFS in dobles with success....ands are you locking them out?
If you are locking them out how are you doing it?
thanx
Mike

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
i have mine set up on the tight side only 6 turns out from being bottomed, i would have no problems using it that way for doubles, i might actually come out another turn or so

·
Registered
535 Posts
I just started shooting doubles a few months ago. The first couple of times the rebounding really bothered me moving to the second shot but lately I don't even notice it. I considered the lock-out bar but it won't work with the cross-brace in place.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have used PFS stocks for about 20 years and have tried different settings for doubles that ranged from soft (little or no muzzle rise, but lots of gun movement) to fully locked-up. Lock-up was achieved by running the compression nut in the spring-strut fully in or, alternately, by placing a short length of tygon tubing on the main spring-strut between the mounting bracket and the end of the strut. Either of the locking methods eliminated the gun rebound or length-of-pull change that comes that comes between shots from the pulling the gun tightly to the shoulder. The tygon insert allowed the gun to be locked for doubles when installed and to be set soft enough to take the sting our of high velocity handicap shells when removed. In the past two years, however, the firm setting as suggested by SteveS1965 has been used along with a 1 in. thick recoil pad. Backing off 6-8 turns from fully compressed seems to eliminate the rebound between shots while still attenuating recoil enough for all events and preventing stock collapse.

Experiment and see what works best for you,
Pat

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
I have seen them locked out by turning a block over or switching ends.
I dont remember how but it can be done.
It's not something that you would want to go back and forth.
Locked out and you have a regular gun stock with a lot of adjustability.
My prosoft works good for doubles, I don't see it move. As I'm pulling the trigger on the first target my eyes have already moved to the second so I never see the gun move back and reset.

I used to want to lock out mine to see if it made any difference. I found out that my problem was not the recoil device but the barrels were unregulated.
You have to shoot a lot of patterns to be able to say with confidence where your gun shoots.
Good testing leads to correct conclusions and solutions as to how and why you miss.

Good luck Henry

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen them locked out by turning a block over or switching ends.
I dont remember how but it can be done.
It's not something that you would want to go back and forth.
Locked out and you have a regular gun stock with a lot of adjustability.
My prosoft works good for doubles, I don't see it move. As I'm pulling the trigger on the first target my eyes have already moved to the second so I never see the gun move back and reset.

I used to want to lock out mine to see if it made any difference. I found out that my problem was not the recoil device but the barrels were unregulated.
You have to shoot a lot of patterns to be able to say with confidence where your gun shoots.
Good testing leads to correct conclusions and solutions as to how and why you miss.

Good luck Henry

Thanx Henry!!!
When you and your gang coming back down to FLorida?
mike

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
Thanx Henry!!!
When you and your gang coming back down to FLorida?
mike
I'm not sure when we will come back.
Linda plans our shooting around planting and harvest.
We will shoot as much as possible.
Good luck on your doubles.
I bet you haven't patterned your gun and the poi is off a little.
When we shot together you had good timing and a smooth swing. Are you a two eyed shooter?
Henry

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure when we will come back.
Linda plans our shooting around planting and harvest.
We will shoot as much as possible.
Good luck on your doubles.
I bet you haven't patterned your gun and the poi is off a little.
When we shot together you had good timing and a smooth swing. Are you a two eyed shooter?
Henry

Nay..one eye!
Yup on the point of impact, casue I am missing 'm!!
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
Nay..one eye!
Yup on the point of impact, casue I am missing 'm!!
Mike
First step is to make sure the gun is right and then you should be able to tell why you miss.
Leo's tape of full of advice for one eyed doubles.
Every time I'm at the Silver Dollar I see Nora. She would probably get you straightened out if you ask.

She may live there in the winter.

Henry

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I bought Mr. Campbell's double video yesterday.
I shoot with one eye but and with my hold points there are no problems in locating the targets.
Yup I see her all the time there..
m

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been shooting my pfs for alittle over 2 years now. Verne originally set me up with my when i was at the dollar. I was actually out growing my stock so fast that it just wasnt fitting and starting ripping holes in my skin where my collar bone is. Verne spent all day with me between proper setting go proper points of impact for singles caps and even doubles. We spent all day shooting about 600 targets to get it dialed in. My stock is about 7 turns out from being locked. I love it for doubles cause the first target you dont get as much gun rise when you pull the trigger so your able to stay under the second target much easier. Personally its all up to the shooter to find the comfortability that he or she wants. Once you find that sweet spot you know its exactly what you want without having to fiddle around with it. I dont touch my stock or my comb or point of impact between 16 yard to the 27 nor do i fiddle with it for doubles. I love my pfs and will always shoot one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts