Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by Sportsman's Warehouse and seen they had Peters Shotshells for 6.59 a box. These are blue with 8 point crimps. The picture on the back shows what looks like RXP12 wads. I looked at Remington's website and googled Peters Shotshell and couldn't find anything concerning reloading data. The guy at the counter didn't know anything except they just came out with the shells earlier this year.

Anyone have any info as to performance and reload-ability of these shells?

Bill

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
They use to make those years ago. I hadn't heard anything about them releasing them again. You load them like a STS/Nitro/Gun Club. Thats if they are a quality hull. -Matt

·
Registered
923 Posts
I started a thread about these on 27 June. There were about six replies. The thread was "New Peters target load". Ron

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Ron, I didn't see your thread.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Loved those Blue Magic's when they were available in Canada back in the 80's...shot 13 cases of them one year (500 per case).

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
So was this a special deal or are they gonna be around for awhile? Anybody seen them for sale anywhere else?---Matt

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Gander has had them for several years.

I like them, I'm using STS data.

But the plastic seems heavier (thicker) and I have to make sure the final crimp is really good and tight or they want to start to open over time.

They do last long....

SW

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
SW--Thank you for the info. I'd check them out if there was a Gander closer than 100+ miles from me. LOL ---Matt

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I have one box of those left from when I used to shoot them years ago. The box has a picture of a mallard duck in flight on the front and back.They were a darn good shell and did reload nicely.

Steve

·
Registered
831 Posts
I loaded one shell to see how long it would last,..I got 14 reloads out of it then it split down the side...the crimp was still tight.

Wayne

·
Registered
190 Posts
They are a decent hull and loads exactly like the STS-Gun Club hulls. Only problem is that darn steel head on the new Peters just like the Gun Club hulls.

I wish they had the Brass head like the old Blue Magic but then they would cost nearly the same as the STS. But the do make pretty load.

Mark

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I bought 25+ cases of the Peters Heavy Target from Gander Mountain on close out about 2 years ago. At under $4.25 a box I cleaned them out.

I use STS data to load them and they work very well.

Don Verna

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't think that they have a steel head but have a brass head. I've put a magnet to the head and it will not pick it up. The primer is steel and the magnet will attach to it, maybe that's what you've done. Bruce

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.