Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I have 8 boxes of new, unaired Blue Magic’s. I’m keeping them for later, I just don’t know how much later. I also have a case, 20 boxes of AA skeet loads, unopened. Damn, I want to shoot them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Approximately 12 years ago, while at a trap shooting tournament in Las Vegas, I purchased four flats of what I'm guessing are "newer" Peters 12 gauge shells. The casings are a somewhat "shinier" blue than the early editions (flat blue). The boxes these new guys were packaged in were a non-descript cream color with black artwork and lettering. I have only shot a few of one flat, saving the other three flats for no other reason than nostalgia. I wonder if the plastic formulation in these newer shells has any of the woes of the earlier editions? I also miss those "good ol' days" when the Peters boxes, as with some Federal Hi-Powers, had colorful ducks decorating the box fronts. And as one final thought, in the April issue of American Rifleman, on page 32 was a brief article about the return of 12 gauge Peters PAPER shot shells. I'm curious if anyone on this forum site has had the opportunity to try some of these. However, I don't know how much enthusiasm will be generated if the MSRP on these bad boys is $20/box!!! At least Remington is giving the option of size 7 1/2 or 8 shot.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I bought 1k green weenies last spring 1fired. They will last me my shooting lifetime. Never had any before break off but did load some to the point of hardly any crimp left to close them shut lol. The blues are just as good for sure

·
Registered
17,181 Posts
Blue Magics for me would burn through on the side after several loadings. The last ones they made with the white lettering were shorter than normal and were a bitch to reload. You had to put a washer under them after priming.

HM

21 - 27 of 27 Posts