Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would a 32" single barrel 12ga IM in 98+ condition be worth?

It's the one with horizontal lines on the reciever, bluing is 100%, wood is excellent, no adjustments on stock, kick Rez pad. 14 3/8" lop, pull trigger.

Pics to be posted Sat

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
It's not an unusual configuration at all. The receiver has the same striping as the MT-6. It's basically just a TM-1. $1,200 sound about right if it's in good shape.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
a striped single is a TM-4, MT-6s were split bbl O/U or a combo with a 34" bottom single.. $1200 is a steal, worth more if a 34" bbl.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the info he gave me on phone, he said he only knew what he saw looking on the internet trying to figure out what he had. Once I know, I'll post pics & info on it. Then maybe we'll have a better idea!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I would imagine if the gun is as described, even with the 32" barrel.... priced at $1200 it would NOT be for sale very long! :)

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
The MT6 that I had was a 34' top single with choke tube. I paid about $3000. new. Had it about 2 years and sold it for $2000. Took a while, found out that not too many people liked the stripped receiver. That was about 6 years ago. Bill

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd like all the guys with the $1200 Perazzi's to post them for sale???????

I see BT 99's, 100's, some lesser guns on here for more than that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
$1200 is an insanely low price and I'd probably buy every one I could find at that price. The lowest price on Gunbroker.com is $3100. The lowest price on Cabelas.com (gun library) is about $3300. Granted, these were all O/Us of various lengths which are much more desirable than a 32" top single, but I don't think that justifies a $2000 difference in price, for a gun that is basically an MX12 or MX2000S with different forearm iron, especially in the condition described. Heck, for $1200, you could get a MX8 O/U barrel off ebay convert it to fit, and probably still come out ahead.

Value might also depend on whether you have a case, what other chokes you have for the barrel, and any other extras you have. I would certainly say it's worth more than a striped 32" TM1 since it at least allows the option for adding O/U barrels; it'll accept any square monobloc Perazzi barrel provided you also have the matching forearm and iron, or changed the forearm attachment point on the barrel to an MT6 style (though it would cost about $100-150 and lower the barrel's resale value).

Assuming you have the original hard case, spare choke tubes, and stock wrench, I'd guess it be worth around $2500.

Sounds like it was part of a combo though, which would be worth more...are you sure he doesn't have the other barrel tucked away somewhere?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts