Trapshooters Forum banner

Perrazi DB81 Problem

1527 9
Here is my problem my DB81 sometime misfires probably on the average of 2 times per 25 I have changed firing pins and hammer springs in triggers also cleaned gun thoroughly it seems like it's getting worse I only shoot the over-under barrel and it happens on the second shot more often than the first firing order of the barrel is bottom first what say you
Thanks and God bless
Reactions: Deer Farmer 1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,705 Posts
When you say missfire, is it a light primer hit? My guess is your leaf springs in your trigger have a small hairline crack in them. It is odd that you say you will have misfires on both barrels but I suppose it's possible (though very unlucky) to have both springs go at the same time. Even if there are no cracks in the trigger springs, swap them out and see if it helps.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
There are about 4-5 things to look for here.....
Check for a cracked hammer spring
Check for smooth sliding of the cocking bar
Check to make sure the cocking feet in the trigger rotate easily
Check that your firing pins will easily protrude from the receiver face about 0.050"
Check the ejector trip rods to make sure they will slide

· Registered
160 Posts
Recently had an issue of occasional light primer strikes with my Ljutic. Found that the cause was that the firing pin hole was slightly deformed from use. It was a simple repair but was so minor that I wasn’t able to diagnose it.

· Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Like Don said. Seeing you've already changed springs & F pins I'd look hard at the cocking bar, cocking feet & trip rods. These can all cause this problem, kinda the same as not opening the action fully can sometimes produce a light hammer strike.

· Registered
851 Posts
I had a strange problem like that with my precision trigger I found it out myself and Jim Combs fixed it I never had a problem with it ever after that. My inertia block had a bit to much play in it sideways. After you tripped the first side if you put a slight bit of side pressure on it you could see the inertia block second barrel part would no longer fit under the second barrel sear. It would happen a few times a 100 during recoil the block would tip sideways a bit and it would not fire the second shot. Jim said he never seen that ever before. It was sent back to him at considerable expense and he said there was nothing wrong with it. It was a nightmare for a couple years I give up shooting it and used a different trigger with no issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.