Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Allor Reitz style selectable double release trigger ,i have to shoot a very light shell on first shot of doubles and it is not enough recoil to arm the second hammer . Does cutting a few coils off of the inertia block spring solve the problem , does it cause other problems with the trigger ????

·
Registered
22,846 Posts
I have a Allor Reitz style selectable double release trigger ,i have to shoot a very light shell on first shot of doubles and it is not enough recoil to arm the second hammer . Does cutting a few coils off of the inertia block spring solve the problem , does it cause other problems with the trigger ????

You would be better served to go with the .410 inertia block. If you can't handle the change yourself have Kerry do it for you.

http://www.kerryallor.com/servicestrigger.html

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
I would opt for the heavier inertia block but before changing to that I would try a firmer hold on the gun, especially where it meets your shoulder pocket.

HAP

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
I would opt for the heavier inertia block but before changing to that I would try a firmer hold on the gun, especially where it meets your shoulder pocket.

HAP
That's a good thot too. I've used heavier blocks and I've cut some springs too. Both worked to make the trigger set with light loads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts