Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Depends on what you want. Do you want a single or double release? There are no user installed kits that I am aware of. There are several smiths that do them. For example, Allems, Phillips, Doug Hubbard. Cost starts at around $300.00 for a single release and goes up from there.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
If you just want a release trigger, you might want to consider using a standard trigger group.
The factory external selectable trigger is kind of expensive to get messed up by cutting it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not recommend converting a selectable trigger to a double release. A selectable trigger has more "play" in it and when you convert it to a double release it will have even more play to the point it will feel "sloppy". I have shot releases for 20+ years...........
Thanks for the info - This was my spare trigger that I don’t use...

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Allen’s did mine in 94, now only used as a backup, and another in 04 that I shoot with.
Both are P4 internal selectable and other than a broken spring or two I have had no problems until recently.
Sent the 04 to Phillip and he checked it out and timed it.
I was having problems with it not settting on 2nd shot of doubles sometimes.
Have not tried it since I got it back so time will tell.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Agree with o-hale above! Have had & still have several exterior selectable & interior, P4 selectable & adjustable, double release triggers and haven't had any problem with them that I haven't had, seen or heard of with the standard non-adjustable Perazzi triggers.

·
Sky Buster
4,119 Posts
Agree with o-hale above! Have had & still have several exterior selectable & interior, P4 selectable & adjustable, double release triggers and haven't had any problem with them that I haven't had, seen or heard of with the standard non-adjustable Perazzi triggers.
Check Phillips website for prices.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
I guess I'm not skilled enough to notice slop in my trigger that Don was referring to. I have two selectable triggers, internal and external, both work better than I do.

Reactions: o-hale
1 - 11 of 11 Posts