Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
I think the only thing to watch for is if the trigger is bottom first or top first. some had internal selectors and some have external lop adjustments...

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
I think the only thing to watch for is if the trigger is bottom first or top first. some had internal selectors and some have external lop adjustments...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Carol S, there is another consideration. The under barrel hammers are different on later series MX's. I think all DB81's are earlier series and that any series trigger will work, but you should call Giacomo's or other good Perazzi smith to check before buying.

Buz

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Technically, the answer is "Yes." However, from gun-to-gun a trigger may not fit exactly; too tight or too loose.

Also, as mentioned above the older MX guns had a bottom barrel hammer (Right Side) that required a bottom barrel firing pin that had a machined slot on its outside where the hammer hits. Reason is that the old hammers had a small web on the outer side and when it struck the firing pin, the "gouge" in the firing pin let the hammer's web slide by it.

I have had Perazzi's here in the shop with old style hammers hitting new style bottom barrel firing pins. This is NOT A GOOD THING! With the web, when the hammer hits the rear of the firing pin, the hammer exerts sideways force on the rear on the firing pin, and after a period of time, this will cause excessive wear on the bottom firing pin hole in the receiver, eventually wearing to an elongation in the receiver giving a sloppy fit.

One can machine down the web on the old hammers to mimic the newer hammer design. I have a picture or two showing what I am trying to describe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.