Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you adjust the pull on a Perazzi trigger.
I had my O/U trigger not cocking and a need to take to a gunsmith,but I had a release trigger and took the release assemble off. The trigger work fine but has a very heavy pull over 4 Lbs.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Four lbs is O.K. for me, actually I prefer four and one half. Use a small file (or similiar) to undercut the trigger sear (not the hammer) to increase the amount of pull, round it off to decrease the amount of pull. Best left to a knowledgeable gunsmith if you're not familiar with the process.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I would like to see a picture or two of it before i make an offer.
is it just the hook and hammer or is it a whole trigger group.
will it fit in a MX-15 gun.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Haammer notches and trigger sears if properly hardened need to be stoned to remove metal for adjustment. HMB

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
setter, I'll admit I have never worked on a Perazzi trigger, but I have worked on a few others using a Ron Power trigger jig and a selection of trigger stones. Doesn't matter. Sear and hammer engagement surfaces should be stoned using a jig. Never freehand as it is IMPOSSIBLE to hold the surfaces square. Properly finished surfaces done with hard stones will have sharp edges and a mirror finish. That cannot be done with a file.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The last time Lucio Sosta from Perazzi got a hold of my trigger, he got the biggest file I have ever seen and went to work on the sear. It looked more like he was shoeing a horse than adjusting a sear, but you could not argue with the results… or his level of confidence.

Art - I would consider sending the trigger to Perazzi USA or Giacomo Sporting. You should get your trigger back inside a week and it will be right. These folks have adjusted more than a few in their day...

Pat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.