Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot an Mx15 and the wife an MX3. I bought a spare trigger that I hoped would work with both our guns. It is a coil spring MX trigger. The trigger shoots fine in my gun, but will not shoot the second shot in my wife's. It is a bottom first trigger. I know the MX3 is a top firing first, but we would like to find a bottom first trigger that would work on both of our guns. What should we look for if there is a trigger that would work for both our guns? Thanks,

·
Registered
401 Posts
A bottom first trigger should shoot the bottom barrel first in either gun. Are you saying it fires the bottom barrel of your wife's MX3 but it does not fire the top barrel? Tom

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Tom. It would fire the first barrel,bottom with this trigger but will not fire the top. We would like a spare trigger that would work in both our guns. She will be shooting the state shoot without me this year, and I don't want her to have to mess with anything. She would like to shoot bottom barrel first, and my gun already does, so we figured that this spare trigger would solve all our issues. If there is a trigger that will be interchangeable then I will sell the coil spring one and buy the other. Thanks,

·
Registered
401 Posts
Chris, does the original trigger in your gun (MX15) work in your wife's gun (MX3)? If it does compare the hammer faces on that trigger with the hammer faces on the coil spring trigger you bought as a backup. There could be several things--is the coil spring trigger when used in your wife's MX3cocking both hammers? When if fails to fire the top barrel, remove the trigger and see if the top hammer is cocked. Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts