Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: are the trigger blades interchangeable between coil spring and leaf spring triggers for TM-1/ TMX single barrel trapguns ????

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I have a coil spring trigger and a leaf spring trigger for my TMX but they are both Release triggers made with Perazzi factory release parts. They look the same but I can't tell without taking them apart. I have a TMX coil spring Pull trigger but the trigger blade is obviously missing the extra curved arm that would lift the release trigger hook. Between the coil spring trigger and the leaf spring trigger the hammers are the most obvious difference and therfore the sear in the trigger blade might be different ??

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Are you asking about the special TM series with adjustable LOP blades or the none adjustable blades. The fixed LOP triggers are also the Sears and are matched to the notch in the hammer which should be the same configuration as the coil spring. The difference between the two hammers one has a groove for the leaf spring and the other a socket for the coil spring guide, beyond that I don't know call Lucio or one of the Perazzi guru's

Surfer

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
The O/U's are the same and Perazzi is renown for not making the world a more complicated place. I can't imagine why they would be different. Different part# on the schemos?? Prolly not.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Well of course! Who would still be shooting those worthless leaf springs that break all the time?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I know I'm still guessing unless I take my McDaniels leaf spring Release trigger apart, but I think the trigger blade from the coil spring assembly will work but a gunsmith will need to tune the sear engagement either way. I still prefer the worthless leaf spring idea LOL.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
OK without taking apart either trigger assembly I was able to compare the different hammers and I am now sure that the notch in each hammer that contacts the sear is identical. As Surfer described in his post, on a Pull trigger the trigger blade is the sear and must engage the notch in the hammer. On a Release trigger the sear is a totally separate part. Bottom line, as far as I can tell you should be able to use the trigger blade but a gunsmith may have to tune the sear engagement.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The answer is that they are interchangeable! The only problem is that the blade can be a little different in width, and might not fit thru the slot to come out of the housing. Sear engagement has to be redone by a gunsmith.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts