Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of a possible purchase of a TMX from a locale store.
The one thing that concerns
me is that it looks like there is a very slight cupping around the firing pin hole.
Should this
be a major concern? Also I would need to replace the stock. Are there any very nice stock sets
available for a TMX and at what cost? Metal is in good shape except for a little blue wear under receiver. I can buy the gun for $2000.

Thank you,

Johnpic

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Very good price, sold two in the last couple months @ $3K Depending how deep the crater is around the firing pin would determine if a immediate fix is required, it's probably not that bad and has a lot of life in it before doing a fx. A a fair amount used wood floating around. TM-1 low rib gun's wood can be used if has an adjustable comb to raise it up.

If it were me, I'd buy it.

Surfer

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Mine was also slightly dished and not wanting to wait until something broke I had Doug Braker, the Gun Doctor, put a firing pin bushing like the Brownings have into my TMX. Around $200 I think. Happy Happy Happy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks JT 27. I checked their sit and they do sell pre-made stocks for the TM9X but
I'm not sure I want to spend $1800. It may be to much to put into this gun. I"ll give
it some thought.

Thanks for the info.

Johnpic

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I did not see in your original post what was wrong with the wood currently on the TMX. Perazzis are shotguns that IMHO you can't wear out.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Smokin Joe or somebody like that usually has some TM stocks for sale on here.

Might try doing a search if you haven't.

Steve

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MDMike...The wood was ok but cut short with a worn out gracoil reducer. The wood was
cut so the gracoil was almost up against the adjustable comb.

AAtrap…Thanks. I'll start a search.

John

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
If there's cupping around the firing pin it's been shot a lot and there could be a lot more wear that will require a rebuild in the near future. That and new wood could bring it up to $3,000 you'd have invested in a 30+ year old gun of unknown origin.

I'd pass.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
One thing that sets perazzi's apart from most other guns they're easily rebuildable especially the TM series. Most guns smiths can effect any repair on thses guns for not much money when compaired to other guns. I've owned more than a few so called TM beaters and have had them brought to life for a lot less money than paying for a so called solid gun at a higher price.

Surfer

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just a suggestion but instead of getting a new stock or a custom stock why not go with the most adjustable stock available? One that you can change as your body changes. http://precisionfitstocks.com/perazzi-tm1-tmx-precision-fit-stock/

Just a suggestion
Good luck regardless!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts