Trapshooters Forum banner

Perazzi TMX w/stan baker big bore

3273 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  bossbasl
Up for sale is a aprox 1983 year ,by serial number gun TMX, with release trigger by McDaniels,tuned by Phillips with a let off of 2-1/2 lbs.
Numbers match on gun and iron, receiver stamped TMX, the barrel is a stan baker big bore with choke tubes,34" long, and it has bakers porting.
Two sets of wood come with it. The darker wood has adj comb hardware installed more to the right of center to give a right handed shooter much more offset. NOT for a lefty.......the sharp edge on the stock has been rounded off and finish applied. I bought it that way,looks pretty good. The lighter color stock looks like an older Fajen style with adj comb and butt.Comes with the hard case. Overall the wood has normal handling marks for its age. Blue on barrel is very good,receiver has a little wear on the edges but not much.If you are in the state of Pa can do face to face other wise from my FFL to Yours, shipping would be extra,most likely around 50.xx for gun and 2nd set of wood. Asking price is 2600. plus the shipping
Will attach pic's but I'm no pro with a camera

Attachments

Reactions: James L Balog
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,767 Posts
What is the bore measurement?

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It has his stamp, stan baker BB 84 on the outside of barrel,see pic. I don't have a bore mic so can't be sure. I think its .804 but not sure. It is larger diameter than a normal 12 ga barrel for sure.
I have shot the gun without any problems.
UPDATE: called some friends and one had a bore mic and he came right over-not a high end tool but inside measures .800 all the way until just before the choke then its more like 802 or 803 as it enters the constriction of the choke and gets tighter.

· Registered
4,685 Posts
How many chokes and if only one choke what is the constriction? It will say right on the choke when you remove it.

· Registered
243 Posts
Comes with 4 tubes and yes they are marked, .730 .740 .750 and .770
hi if you had to rate this gun. From o-10 10 being excellent what would it be. Does it lock up tight? Any rust or other noticeable problems? How is the rib is it loose or tight. Do think this gun has been shot alot? thanks for any info you have and might share. How many 25 straights have bern shot by you and this bb84? Thanks Frank

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Locks up tight,no problems,no rust. As far as being shot much.......it was made in 1983 so I have no idea, I did talk with a guy on this site named Jack,somewhat of a Perazzi expert and showed him pics of the top lever and face of receiver and he said-no problems, wood has the normal handling marks for a gun its age,and as the pic's show there are two sets of wood. I have not shot it much but when I did it seems to shoot too low for me. Taking the bottom off the targets I hit.I also have a Bt 99,the 80/20 point of impact model and I shoot that gun just a little better but it still shoots a little low for me. Not doing that well with either gun. I had a 8-10 yr lay off away from trap,just getting back into it and this was the first gun I bought. Years ago in my prime I shot a k-80 and shot unsingle with the barrel adj way up almost a full pattern high,so the baker barrel's point of impact is too low for me but I did not pattern it on paper,but I can't bring myself to alter the gun such as add on ribs or special chokes to try to make it shoot higher so I thought I would just sell it. Tried moving comb up but so used to the fig 8 sight picture I find myself grinding my cheek down as I move to the target and then get face slap on cheek. So without spending more money on either gun I thought I would sell the tmx and still shoot the browning for a little bit and eventually sell or trade that one also and put money toward another k-80 but thats a ways down the road yet and only if everything falls into place. If the gun doesn't sell I just put it away and maybe someday my grandson will end up with it,or the wife might just sell everything if anything happens to me,LOL
On the rating,if it had a tmx barrel I'd say about 8,with the baker barrel,not being a perazzi barrel,, then the gun is not all original so I'd have to say about a 7 but I'm not the best guy to really ask about
how to rate a gun.The blue is very good on barrel and on the receiver shows some wear on edges.
Thats pretty much it. Hope that helps..

· Registered
2,394 Posts
Do you have the trigger parts to change to a pull trigger. Any interest in selling gun with only the stock without the pogo stick butt treatment? If so, send a PM with stock dimensions on the above stock: LOP, DAC, DAMC, Cast, and best price shipped. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.