Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my TMX there was a loose pin in the case. After a bit of research I determined its PN 5320 Opening Lock Pin. I’ve used the gun without the pin since I got it.

With some time on my hands I decided its time to figure out how this goes together. The pin has a chamfer on one end and the other end has a ground surface that looks like it rests against a large radius. It slips easily in and out of the hole in the forend iron. Is this supposed to be a press fit? Which end is supposed to be out? Should I use loctite to secure it?

·
Vendor
2,162 Posts
R&R,

It's been awhile since I got into into that part, so working from memory here Most people never work on this area, it is not a common failure. I think you will see that this stubby pin is the stop that keeps the barrel from opening too far. The pin protrudes from the FE iron about 1/8" and rides in the recess in receiver knuckle joint.

DougBBB is correct, the blued end goes out, in addition, I think your pin is actually broken and should be replaced. The radius you see on the pin is where i think the pin is broken and pin #5312 fits into a groove on #5320 to hold it in place. I do not think LocTite is going to help here.

If you want to send it to me, I can fix it and get you back going.

Don

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d love to send it to you Don, but I’m up in Canada. To do send the forend to you would involve a lot or red tape and expense. Is the hole a through hole? If I remove the forend wood can I access the broken off part of the pin?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts