Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback from TM9 users. How does it shoot for you....how do like it? Assuming it is fairly flat shooter.

Looking for 2013 Xmas present and trying to narrow options.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I am curious in the replies to this as well. I heard but don't know for sure that the POI is higher than a typical TM1. The resell value might be higher with a TM9X but I don't care because I like a fixed rib anyway. I would order one with screw in chokes because of the flexibility at various yardages.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I own a TM 9 with fixed stock,fixed rib,and fixed choke.
I love the gun and my scores have risen since using the TM 9 , move from an MX 16 combo.
Assuming the gun fits in general you can go to a stock fitter and have him adjust the POI from inside the stock.
Not sure why you would order with screw in chokes, it would seem to be any subsequent buyer who prefers a fixed stock, fixed rib would also like a fixed choke.

Keith t.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I have one of the first TM-9X's that were imported. I broke a lot of 100's with it but always have to work really hard to break them. I can't get it to shoot flat enough for my style. I don't think that they make one with tubes.

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
613 Posts
I paid less than $1700 for my TMX new. Tom Seitz tuned the barrel for $165. It now has over 250,000 thru it. I shot a TM9X when they came out. There are some minor internal changes but not worth the money Perazzi wants. I would buy a used TMX, have it refinished and rebuilt, if you like and use the extra $$$$ for retirement. You're old enough to be retired anyway. A Pa. shooter removed.

·
Vendor
19,403 Posts
Too, the 18.8 bore is softer shooting than the old .724s. Balance, ergonomics, and recoil friendly describes the TM9s

·
Registered
69 Posts
I owned a TM9 for a short time and shot it a fair amount. It did have an adjustable comb and with the comb raised approximately 1/4 inch, the gun shot around 70/30. It had an 18.8 bore and a fixed choke at .032". Overall impressions of the gun: Patterned well, nice looking gun, typical Perazzi SBT in that it was very lightweight and quick to the targets, but recoil friendly?...I wouldn't go that far.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

At the 2013 Spring Grand in Tucson, Doug Gray loaned me a TM9 with a standard left-hand TM9X factory stock on it.

Just looking down the fixed-rib from the muzzle back at my eyeball, Doug adjusted the comb to fit me.

Without shooting a single practice shell or patterning it, I used it in the next tournament event which was starting in less than five minutes.

Proceeded to shoot my best tournament score ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts